Chapter Thirty-One: What Am I Going To Do?

Chapter Thirty-One:

What Am I Going To Do?

____________

After dinner was over, I helped Mrs. Bridges clean up the table. Even though she continuously reminded me that it was her job and she could do it, I ignored her requests for me to go relax and helped her anyways. She seemed like she enjoyed my company, actually.

After I called her Mrs. Bridges for the 100th time, she told me to just call her Andy. Her real name was Andrea. I didn't mind calling her that. And Mr. Bridges to me was now Chad.

"Thank you for helping me clean up, Sophia!" She told me when I was almost to the stairs to go up and find Cameron. I was so tired and it was only six-thirty. I was eager to get out of these clothes and into something more comfortable.

"You're welcome! It was the least I could do." I replied and darted up the steps before she could deny my favor to her. I would feel guilty if I didn't help her out while I stayed in her house for however long.

I found Cameron on his bed, phone in hands and her was scrolling up and down. Probably on Facebook. Not something he usually did.

"I'm so sleepy." I mumbled when I leaned against his door frame.

"I have a pair of jogging pants and a t-shirt for you." He pointing to his dresser and I spotted the neatly folded clothes. Clean ones, thank goodness.

"Thank you so very much." I walked over to the bed and crawled up next to him, "love you." I mumbled against his lips when I leaned in to kiss him. He smiled into the kiss and I jumped back off the bed. I grabbed the clothes and walked to the bathroom, completely exhausted. I didn't do much today, so I didn't get why I'm so tired.

After exchanging my clothes for Cameron's, I went back to his room to talk to him before bed for a few minutes.

A few minutes turned into a few hours.

"So you're taking me to my house before school?" I asked him. We both sat on his bed, backs propped against the head board.

"Yep. You can take a shower and get ready for school. Then we can stop by on the way home and get your clothes for you to stay here." He said and tightened his arm around my shoulder. He kissed the top of my head.

"Holy cow. I just remember that Finals are tomorrow." I mumbled when the idea of school came to mind.

"Oh yeah." Cameron said nonchalantly.

"I know most of the ones I have to take anyways, I'm good. What about you?" I asked him. My eyes were drooping and I was yawning every seven seconds. I counted.

"I know it too. If you wouldn't have tutored me then I probably would fail them. No doubt. Thank you, babe." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah." I grinned sleepily.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed." I turned sideways so I could kiss his lips. "I'll see you in the morning."

He pouted.

"I'll see you later, babe." He said as I was walking out the door. I laughed out loud and he did too after hearing me.

Callie's room was painted a light pink color. The pink was so light that it almost looked white. Her bed was mostly three colors: blue, pink, and green. Most of her room was neat and tidy, too.

I switched the light off and pulled her covers back before climbing under them. I then realized that I was way too hot to sleep in sweatpants. So, I pulled the sweatpants off and tossed them off the bed, still covered in the blankets of Callie's bed.