Chapter Thirty: Anxious

Chapter Thirty:

Anxious

______________

My leg wouldn't stop shaking from me being so anxious. I sat here in the front office, waiting for the principal to come out and start telling me I'm kicked out of school.

The funny thing is, I don't feel bad for punching Danielle. Not one but because she deserved it.

I clenched and unclenched my right fist to keep it from going too stiff. It hurt like hell every time I balled it up, but I didn't care. My eyes lifted to stare over at Danielle. She was on the opposite side of the office holding a bloody paper towel to her face. She had a scowl on her face from what I could see and her eyes never left her lap.

I remembered her ear piercing scream after I nailed her. I never smiled, that would be a stupid thing to do. I should've kept my anger under control like usual, but I didn't want to. I just didn't feel like it anymore. Oh well.

The door suddenly opened and squeaked. Cameron peeked in and saw me. I had to hold back a huge smile since Danielle was glancing up at the door to see who it might be.

Cameron suddenly vibrated and I realized he was laughing. He had to cover his mouth and shut the door for a moment. I let the smile break through and I looked down to keep Danielle from seeing it.

"Okay, ladies." Vice principal Sherman came out of no where. I guess the principal wasn't handling this.

"First, go back to class, Danielle. You're not needed here at the moment." Mrs. Sherman said. I waited patiently until Danielle reluctantly left the room without seeing that I got in some big trouble.

Mrs. Sherman looked back at me. "Sophia, what got in to you? You've always been a good kid." She told me. Mrs. Sherman has always been a loving vice principal. Everyone seems to like her.

"I don't know." I told her. Though I really did know. I wanted to show her how I felt.

"Well..." She scratched the back of her neck. "I'm going to let you off easy. You've never gotten in trouble a day in your life. Let this be a lesson. You could have broken her nose and her parents wouldn't be happy."

She stood up. "I'm going to talk to her later. You're not in trouble, just don't let it happen again. Go on to the kitchen and get an ice pack for that hand." I nodded my head and stood up, anxious to get out of there and happy that I wasn't getting in trouble. My parents would not be happy if they got a call from school.

I walked out of the door and saw Cameron propped against the opposite wall. I smiled and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"So, you punched Danielle, huh?" He laughed and I couldn't help but laugh with him. I pulled Cameron along with me to the kitchen with my good hand.

"I did. That was the worst thing I've ever done." I cringed at my horrible action. Here comes the guilt.

"You're fine. I don't blame you. Emma told me what happened. You did what you had to do." Cameron squeezed my good hand in his.

"I could have just walked away. You know, done the mature thing." I mumbled.

"Sophia, you always do the mature thing. You can slip sometimes-" He stopped after he realized he was about to lecture me like the other day. I kicked him out of the house for less than a minute before I realized I was being dumb.

I looked over and smiled at him. He grinned his crooked grin back at me.

The cook wasn't hesitant at giving me an ice pack after she saw my hand. It wasn't too bad. Just bruised knuckles and some of Danielle's blood. But the ice made it feel better. I thanked her and Cameron and I began walking back towards our classes.