Chapter Nineteen: Again

**Dedicated to my favorite author on Wattpad! I absolutely love In 27 Days and think that she writes like a pro! Check out her story "In 27 Days" and it's sequel "Face Your Fears"!

Chapter Ninteen:

Again

_____________

Sophia'sPOV

Everyone left about a half an hour ago and Cameron and I helped my mom clean everything up. It didn't take long at all, but I couldn't help but see that there was something wrong with her. Matt went to take a bath not long after everyone left and now it's just my mom, Cameron and I. She's being awfully quiet until I decided to speak up.

"So, did it turn out how you wanted, mom?" I asked her. We were all seated in the living room, her on the recliner and Cameron on the love seat with me stretched out on the couch.

She gave me a small smile that didn't reach her eyes, "Yeah it did. I'm happy Aunt Jen could show up with the little one." She told me. By "little one" she means Aunt Jen's baby girl named Nevaeh. Jen had her baby not to long ago and we just got to see her since she lives in Winchester, Virginia. That's not too long away from us but it's far enough to not have frequent visits. I grinned at my mom even though she couldn't see, "I know. Nevaeh is really cute. She likes it when you tickle her stomach. Cameron did that." Cameron smiled a little bit at my comment.

"Are you planning on staying home the rest of the evening?" Mom suddenly asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. I guess I can if you want me to. Cameron never said anything about going anywhere..." I glanced at him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"No, no. I was just wondering." She looked extremely tired at the moment.

"Do you wanna go practice for your tryouts, Sophia?" Cameron stood up and crossed over to me. I looked up at his hand he had outstretched for me to grab and took it with a smile, "Sure."

We went outside and I grabbed a faded yellow basketball that had a smiley face on it, like Walmart had as their logo a few years back. Or maybe it's still the same... I don't know.

Cameron practiced with me on dribbling, passing, and shooting. He even challenged me to a game that I won. We played one more and the loser had to buy the other ice cream tomorrow evening after school. I agreed of course.

"Be prepared to buy me ice cream tomorrow!" I laughed at him. He only smiled triumphantly, "Yeah right. Did you forget that I'm MVP on the team?"

I jumped in the air and pretended to shoot as Cameron jumped too. He would've blocked it, too, if I wouldn't have ducked under his arm and made a layup. I stuck my tongue out at him as he shook his head in disappointment. We were now tied, 14-14. The next point wins and we were both aware of that.

I smirked at him but he didn't look up at me. He kept his eyes on the ball and was in his game zone.

Since he wasn't looking at where I was looking, I quickly dodged him and ran past him but he was fast for me. He stuck his muscly arms out and took the ball right out of my hands. I didn't even have time to think before he ran up to the basket as fast as he could and jumped, doing a slam dunk and holding onto the rim. Since the hoop wasn't held down by anything, it started to come down with Cameron. He landed on his feet and pushed the hoop back up and it landed perfectly. He turned to me with a triumphant smile.

"You have got to be kidding me," I said in monotone. My jaw probably hit the floor just now.

"Nope. Bring your money tomorrow, little girl. You owe me a chocolate fudge sundae." He poked the end of my nose as he started walking away, towards his truck.