Chapter Twenty-Two: Prom?

Chapter Twenty-Two:

Prom?

____________

Sophia's POV

"Remember when I said that maybe you and me could go to the beach together?" Cameron asked me. We had been driving for only 15 minutes and I was getting really suspicious about the location of this date.

"Yeah. You said that when I came to your house for the first time." I smiled at the memory.

Cameron just let out a happy sigh and continued to steal glances at me like he has been.

I reached forward and turned the radio on with the little button on the dash. It made a noise that sounded like a man's voice and then shut off. I gave Cameron a weird look and he pressed his lips into a thin line before taking the heel of his palm and smashing it down on the top of the dash. I jumped, not expecting the loud noise.

"It's kind of broken. It will play for a minute -or more if you're lucky," he winked at me and I grinned, "and then it'll shut off for another minute and redo all that."

"I don't think smashing it will help," I smiled a toothy grin at him and scooted up further on the seat so I could look at it. The seat belt made it impossible to reach the radio fully but I managed.

"What are you doing?" Cameron with curiosity. I shrugged my shoulders and turned the dial so I could get a good station to come on the radio. You know, when I could hear it to know what song I liked.

Finally, I found a station I liked. It was playing "God gave me you" by Blake Shelton. Of course it was a love song, guys, that's what most songs are about today.

"Okay, when the radio is playing and we can hear the song, sing to it. Then, when it goes off, you keep singing to see if you can keep up it." I explained and Cameron narrowed his eyes at me, "what if I can't sing?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "I've heard you sing before. You aren't bad at all." I told him. It wasn't a lie. I went over to his house one other time to hang out to take a break from building the tree house, and he was singing in the shower.

He sighed heavily, not feeling arguing with me. The song came on and I started singing with it softly so I wouldn't make his eardrums bleed from my voice. I nudges Cameron's side to get him to sing with me. He glanced at me and started singing along with the song and then it suddenly went off. I continued to sing with and so did Cameron, the competition was on.

It went like that until that song went off.

"Whoever stops singing first has to.... has to give the other a ten second kiss." Cameron added to the game. I smirked at him, what kind of award was that? Even the loser would be rewarded.

"Deal," I smiled at him and we kept playing the song game for the next hour.

Eventually, Cameron did win. He must listen to country more than I thought he did because when the song "Little Moments" by Brad Paisley came on, he knew just about every word. I crossed my arms over my chest and popped my bottom lip out.

"I don't think it's much of loss, is it?" He asked smugly. I rolled me eyes at him.

"That'll be our song." A grin formed on his lips. I smiled at him and scooted to the middle of his truck so I could be right beside him. "I love you," I half whispered as I wrapped my arm around his and kept my eyes on the side of his face. I could have slapped myself for saying that.

Not that I didn't mean it, but... I felt weird. I can't explain the feeling.

"I love you so much more," he said, glancing over at me. I smiled leaned up to kiss his cheek softly. Goosebumps formed on his arm and I chuckled at my own power. He does the same to me.