Chapter Fourteen: Everlasting Smiles

Chapter Fourteen:

Everlasting Smiles

_____________________________

It's crazy how time flies when you're having fun.

For the past few weeks, whether Cameron was at my house studying or I was at his, we always had fun. There were laughs and tears of joy.

Now I'm school, heading towards my journalism class which will allow me to be part of the school paper. I couldn't wait to start writing again after taking a break from that class. I had to, to get my credits to graduate next year. On the bright side, Mrs. Foster is sending in a good report on me for the college I want to go to. It's exciting for me, and all I had to do was tutor Cameron. That so far was the best choice I made because now, Cameron is like my best friend. Since I started tutoring him, I got Amber back somehow, which was very unexpected at first. She later explained to me that she just wanted to stop ignoring each other and get back to the way we used to be.

Speaking of the blonde, she was walking right towards me since we had journalism together.

"Hey, Amber." I waved and grinned at her. I still had my glasses on since I keep forgetting to tell my mom to get me some contacts. She hasn't been out towards the direction of where my eye doctor's building is in forever. Who knows when I'll get more...

"Hey," Amber chirped. Her hair looked like a professional beautician did it this morning compared to mine. I had mine pulled up into a ponytail since I didn't feel like doing anything with it this morning.

We walked side by side into the classroom and took our seats near the front of the room. Mrs. Reid smiled at me when she looked up from her computer. Mrs. Reid was a young woman probably in her late twenties. She had shoulder length red hair and warm brown eyes along with a heart made of gold. Many students think she's a push-over but those students have never been in her class. She can light someone's attitude on fire if they give it to her, which is why I don't giver her any.

"OK, class," She put her hands together and stood in front of us all. I gave Mrs. Reid all of my attention as she assigned certain students to certain columns for the paper. She finally came to me, "Sophia, I want you to do the sports." I smiled at her. This is great! I think this is actually a good one for me since I do like to watch the sports. The boys' basketball championships are coming up soon and I'll get a free pass to watch them as well as write about it.

"Can I help her?" Amber asked from beside me. I was surprised that she offered to help me write something since she didn't like reading or writing. She always tried to avoid it at all costs. Then again, maybe she's doing this so she doesn't have to be with anyone else. Besides, I don't think she really knows anyone else in this class that's not in our grade.

"OK. Both of you work together on this. Now, go to the gym because I heard the girls were starting practice for the all star team." Mrs. Reid explained and shooed us off.

"So, you wanna help me, huh?" I asked Amber as we walked towards the gym. She gave me an uneasy smile, "Yeah." There was something about the way she wouldn't look me in the eyes that made me a little on edge. I'd have to ignore it now, I have business to take care of.

We sat at the top of the bleachers and watched the girls' basketball team run back and forth while in a scrimmage against each other. I missed this so much; running and fighting for the ball to win for my team. It was so much fun and even more fun when we won the games. Now, I don't know if i'll ever get that awesome feeling back. Amber must have read my mind.