Chapter Thirty-Two: Love You, 'Night.

Chapter Thirty-Two:

Love You, 'Night.

____________

Finals were easier than expected, that's for sure. Or maybe that's a bad thing. If it was easy, I probably did everything wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm still having trouble figuring out what I did wrong. With Cameron, that is. Last night we were just fine, joking and everything. It was this morning that he seemed so different.

A light bulb almost blew up inside my head.

His laptop! What was he looking at before I put it down for him? What could him I have given him a reason to be mad at me for... on the internet? I honestly don't know. But I'm going to find out.

It's 2:57 pm and I'm counting the seconds until I get out of here. I needed to get out of here and back to Cameron's place. As soon as possible or this is going to bug me all day. It couldn't be anything too bad, right?

I got out class as soon as the bell rang and ran to my locker. I waved at Emma as I darted past her. I barely talked at lunch. Cameron didn't even come to lunch today and Adam wouldn't spill the beans. Even Emma was on edge sort of.

I packed my clothes at the house this morning and put them on the back of Cameron's truck, so we didn't have to go to my house after school today to get my things. Unless he doesn't want me at his house...

I became even more saddened by that thought.

As soon as I had all the right books to study for tomorrow's finals, (the last ones) I walked out if the school and to Cameron's truck without another glance behind me. I felt like I was sneaking around. But I wasn't. I was a girl on a mission.

Cameron was just opening his truck door when I got there. I knew he noticed me but he decided not to look up. He looked totally out of it. What could be bothering him so much?

Instead of being a good girlfriend and hounding him with questions, I decided to wait until I got home to stalk his computer. I tried to tell myself that this wasn't a bad thing I was about to do.

As soon as we got to his house, I grabbed both my bags off the back of his truck and walked up to the house. Both us were quiet the whole way home. Nothing surprising considering the circumstances. Cameron thankfully took my bags from me like the gentleman he was and walked to the door.

But when we got to the door, it was unlocked. Cameron and I both knew his parents were at work so why would the door be unlocked? He had his hand out as if to tell me to not go inside yet. I obeyed. Though I had to bite my tongue. Sure, ignore me all day but act like a hero now.

"Callie?" Cameron asked in surprised. I raised my eyebrows and pushed past Cameron through the door. A little Ella came waltzed up to us and she smiled a toothy grin up at me. Callie stood up from the living room couch, her expression guilty.

"Um, hey guys. I need to ask you a favor. I know it's sudden, like really sudden, but I need you to watch Ella for me tonight until about 9:30." Callie was pleading although there was no need. Of course I'd babysit for her.

"Don't worry, Callie. We can watch Ella." I told her before Cameron could respond. She looked between the two of us warily before nodding her head. Sisters always know what's up.

Callie had to rush to get out of here because she was apparently late.

Cameron immediately started playing with Ella. He dropped his stuff in the doorway and grabbed Ella up, raising her above his head. Her soft giggle erupted through the house and I found myself smiling. She was so cute.