Chapter Twenty-Nine: Rules Were Made To Be Broken

Rules Were Made To Be Broken

_____________

Sophia's POV

I wasn't ready to wake up in the morning. To return to my life would be a downgrade compared to the amazing dreams I had.

I didn't want to live through seeing how some people saw my overreaction to everything these past couple days. Cameron continued to tell me that it wasn't an overreaction. That's a lot to go through and I should stop being embarrassed by myself.

But I can't. Who would smash a picture frame and get her feet all cut up and fall asleep on a bathroom floor? I guess I was sort of out of it at the time, and that's my only excuse.

I will admit, waking up with Cameron's arms wrapped around my body protectively is probably the best thing ever. No wonder I had good dreams. I could escape reality for a little while.

Even though school started in an hour and we needed to get out of my bed and get dressed, I didn't want to move. I was turned toward Cameron - face to face - and our legs were all tangled together. He had the faintest smile on his face. He could pass for an angel.

I ran my fingers down the bruises on his throat that were disappearing it seems as soon as they formed. That was a good thing, I guess.

Then his eyes popped open and I almost screamed at the sudden movement.

I felt my heart hammering against my chest from getting caught touching him. I was still in shock that he was allowed to stay here with me alone. My dad trusted both of us, I know that. And I wasn't about to let anything happen. The thought made me blush even more.

A smirk came across his face and his arms tightened around me.

"Did I scare you?" He asked smugly. There was nothing to be smug about.

"Nope." I answered, popping the "P".

He sighed heavily before taking his arms from around me and cupping my face. He kissed me gently for a few seconds before rolling over and right off the edge of the bed. I laughed to myself when he got back and groaned.

"Way to go." I joked. My blush came right back when I saw he was shirtless. I knew he took it off last night, but I'm still not used to it.

"You know, we broke the rules last night." He told me as he looked around for a shirt to put on for a little while. His basketball shorts were rolled a little at the bottom from him sleeping in them.

"Why?" I asked, almost in a panic. I didn't want him to think I was going to freak out that he broke a rule in my house. The rules that my dad made. I composed my face and smiled at him.

"We slept in the same room. Your dad told me on the phone to sleep in the living room, on the pull-out couch." He smiled a crooked smile and got down beside his bag on the floor. We both took showers last night, so there's no need to take one this morning.

"Rules were made to be broken." I murmured. Cameron cracked up laughing and fell onto the bed, making me flop from the movement.

"I can't believe you just said that, Miss I don't break rules." He said after he got his laugh.

"I don't remember ever saying that!" I smacked a pillow against the side of his head and waited for his reaction.

"Yes, but you were thinking it." He mumbled before he pounced on top of me, hovering over me, inches between our bodies. I giggled on accident which ruined the serious moment and made Cameron laugh, the smile in his face wrinkling the corners of his eyes.