Epilogue: My Everything

Epilogue:

My Everything

___________

*One year and four months later*

Is sucked in a deep breath and prepared myself to walk back into my new home for the next year.

Just moments ago I was telling my parents and cancer-free little brother that I'd miss while I was away at college. I really would miss them while I'm away. After living with the same people for eighteen years you kind of get attached to them. I could barely let Matt out of my hug because I'd miss him coming in my room at random to play with my hair or tease me.

I actually had tears building up in my eyes for the first time when he handed me a little wrapped box. He told me to wait until I get to my room to open it, sonI crossed my heart that I would.

I found out that Emma was my roommate after she called me. We had both requested that we room with each other since we decided to go to the same college.

After so much arguing over the phone, it was settled that we would be roomies for the next year of our grown-up lives.

As for Adam, he is also going to Virginia tech. He decided that if his love was going to be far away from home then he was too. I thought it was sweet.

I saved the best for last. Cameron called me last night and told me that he'd see me today. Sadly, I'm not sure if he's even going to college. He hasn't said anything about it and I haven't pushed the touchy subject. We have went to each other's houses for the past year for holidays and just about every night we stayed up on Skype and FaceTime talking about our days. I think we both fell a little harder for each other.

I even had Mrs. Foster call me, after not seeing her for a while year, and tell me that she sent a good recommendation in to this school for me. I remembered she told me that to get me to tutor Cameron at the time. I was so happy that she didn't forget, although it wouldn't have mattered if she did.

Finally, I took a step into my new home for the first official time since we got here today. After unloading and rearranging all my things in the dressers along with Emma's, we went out to get some dinner at 6:30.

Inside our apartment, there was a flat screen sitting on too of one of the dressers with our clothes inside and a couch directly across from that. A mini fridge was in the corner of our small living room. We had no kitchen, but I heard there was a cafeteria close by on campus. There were two rooms on the other side of the room, one for me and one for Emma. Although they were small enough for a twin-sized bed and a small desk and chair, it was okay.

I stripped out of my jeans and nice shirt to trade them with more comfortable clothes. I sat down on the couch and flipped the TV on, pulling out my phone to find something to do.

Then, my phone buzzed in my hands and I saw I had a call from Emma. She was supposed to be out on a date with Adam, why would she be calling me?

"Hello?" I answered, my eyebrows knitting together.

"Sophia! Hey, um, I need you to meet me down in the parking lot." Emma said breathlessly. I instantly stood up off the couch and rushed to get my shoes on.

"Emma? What's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked into the phone as I rushed out the door, in only a tank top and cotton shorts. She hung up. I started to panic thinking that something was going terribly wrong with my best friend.

When I pushed through the double doors of the school, I ran over to the parking lot, jumping over brushes and what not.

"Emma?" I shouted through the people-empty parking lot. Cars were in every parking space since it was move-in day. But most people were out to eat dinner.