Chapter Thirteen: Snow & Ice

Chapter Thirteen:

Snow & Ice

_____________________________

Sunshine came through the bedroom window and pierced my eyelids. I groaned and raised my hands to run my sleepy eyes. My left hand was laying on my side, intertwined with another hand. That hand wasn't mine, either.

My eyes shot open and I was completely aware of my surroundings now. The boyish decorations, messy floor, not to mention the boy snoring so quietly beside me that you wouldn't know he was snoring unless you were as close as I was. Cameron's hair was messily thrown around on the top of his head, his mouth slightly open. I looked down at our laced fingers and stared. Is this real life? I shrugged my arm in attempt to get my hand back, but Cameron's fingers tightened. He was still asleep with no other motion from his body.

When his grip released, I swiftly pulled my sweaty hand from his and cracked my fingers. They were sore from staying like that all night long. I quickly got up and tiptoed over top of Cameron to get to his window. Outside the snow was blinding when the sun reflected off it. The houses surrounding Cameron's were limited. Only one or two were scattered here and there. I noticed that we were back farther from the road, but it was still visible. I turned around from the window and saw Cameron wasn't where I left him. He was retreating to the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of his shirtless back while he zombie-walked out of the room.

This was going to be awkward.

Once Cameron came back in, he explained that we should go to my house, pick up Matt, then come back here and sled ride. I agreed, since I wanted to get some clothes as well. As we climbed into Cameron's truck (his mom and dad got it for him early this morning) I remembered what my mom said last night. She wants to meet Cameron the next time he's with me, which is now. I just hope my dad doesn't make a fool out of me or himself.

We approached my house and I sighed. The roads on the way here had been much better than they were last night. Considering it was 12:00pm, the state road workers really got their jobs done.

Cameron followed behind me as we went inside the house. Matt's footsteps came running down the stairs in front of the door and jumped in Cameron's arms. Cameron swung him around in a circle as Matt giggled.

"What am I? Chopped liver?" I joked as I placed my hands on my hips. Matt climbed out of Cameron's arms and got into mine. I kissed all over his face and neck, mi\aking him giggle and try to hide his face on my shoulder. I rested my head on his and squeezed him tight, happy to see his smiling face.

"Sophia?" My mom's voice rang throughout the house. I gently put Matt back on the floor and told him to get some clothes ready to go play in the snow. I followed my mom's voice into the kitchen with Cameron behind me.

"Hey mom," I greeted when I saw her cooking grilled cheese. Yum... That's my favorite lunch.

"Oh! Is this Cameron?" Mom wiped her hands on a dish towel and stuck her hand out for Cameron to shake. He had a wide grin on his face as he shook her hand. I scoffed, he was putting on his good boy act.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Belle." Cameron said. I never knew he could be a gentleman.

"You too! Do you guys want some grilled cheese? I can make more," Mom offered as she turned back to the stove. Cameron looked at me expectantly with a raised eyebrow. Something told me that he really did want a grilled cheese. Wait, no, it was him nodding his head up and down eagerly that told me that he wanted to stay and eat. I rolled my eyes, "Yeah sure. I'm going to take a shower and grab some clothes to take with us," I said more to Cameron than to my mom. Cameron nodded and my mom turned to me with a surprised yet happy expression.