Chapter Six: The Boogy Man

Chapter Six:

The Boogy Man

____________________________

I sat up on my bed on this bright Thursday morning and looked at the snow pouring down outside. It was blanketing everything it possibly could outside including my mom's car that was sitting in the driveway. I sat up and groggily rubbed my eyes. A moan escaped my lips as I stretched my limbs out. Straightening out the shirt I had on, I stood up and shuffled slowly over to the bathroom across the hall.

After brushing my hair and teeth, I shuffled zombie-like back to my desk after noticing the laptop light that was still on. My screen was black, so it must've fallen asleep in the process of me falling asleep as well.

The screen lit up after I pressed the on button and revealed google results. Most were about the reading disorder that some people get called Dyslexia. It baffled me at first to why I had searched it in the first place, but soon realized I looked it up after coming home the other night. I had left on all last night and the night before because I was to busy with homework and everything else.

Cameron and I had went to the library and I tutored him for about 15 minutes before he gave up and wanted to go home. He seemed tired, but in a good mood. When he read, which wasn't much at all, he said his wrods differently. I assumed at first that he just did it by accident and was tired. After much more thinking, I had thought that maybe he had this disorder displayed on my computer screen.

Beside my laptop was my phone. It lit up and vibrated right off the desk. I picked it up and saw it was 20% battery as well as a text from an unknown number that made it vibrate in the first place. I quickly shut down my laptop and plugged it in the charge. A yawn surpised me as I made my back over to my bed which was calling my name.

Unknown Number: school was cancelled. Wanna study?

I racked my brain for a moment in attempt to figure out who it was. I can never function completely when I first wake up so I was a little foggy. Then it hit me, it's Cameron! I gave him my number the last time we were together at the library and he was just now using it.

Before replying, I walked out of my room and downstairs to find my mother fooling around in the kitchen. She had on her work clothes and was messing around with pancake batter when she sqealed, a puff of flour flying everywhere. I held back a giggle as I went to help her.
Mom was moving her hands around and dusting the flour off of herself when she saw me. Her movements were frantic and all over the place as she tried so hard to clean herself off.

"What's going on?" I asked her as I dusted the flour out of her hair. It was cascading down down onto her shoulders into soft wavy curls like it usually was.

"School was cancelled becasue of the snow. I still have to go to work and I'm trying to make pancakes for Matt..." She rambled as she hastily continued to pour the pancake batter into a frying pan. I slowly reached forward and grabbed the frying pan handle, "Here, mom. I'll do this. You go get cleane dup for work." I gave her slight shove.

She gave me a grateful cmile before kissing my forehead and setting the bowl down that had batter in it. I wiped off the flour that her lips left on my forehead and continued to make these pancakes for Matt. My mom ruffled his hair as she passed Matt, who was coming to check up on his pancakes.

"Are they done?" He asked me. He stood on his tip-toes so he could see how they were doing in the frying pan. The skeptic look on his face mad eme laugh.