Save the Date

Kara licked the last envelope of her wedding invitations closed. Her wedding invitations. Man, that felt good to say. Well, at least the wedding part did. In truth, the invitations had been quite a hassle. They weren't inviting too many people to the ceremony, but there was going to be a big party afterwards because Kara knew that, even though Lena wouldn't admit it, if she didn't invite L-Corp's big investors to the wedding, the business was sure to go down the drain. Also, she and Lena had apparently been considered a celebrity couple, at least inside National City, which meant that some of the press had to receive invitations. So, Kara had just addressed and sealed about a hundred and forty invitations.

Kara and Lena had decided that they would get married in the last week of may and take the first week of June for their honeymoon, which would take place in Carriacou. Kara was very excited to share her the beautiful little island with her soon to be wife. It was like tropical paradise, and she just knew that Lena would love it, especially when it would be just the two of them in a little hut that Kara may or may not have built herself when she was bored on a rather secluded part of the island which Kara knew for a fact no one ever visited because it was surrounded by a thick grove of palm trees on three sides and the ocean on the fourth.

Lena came up behind her and wrapped her hands around Kara's shoulder, bringing her lips inches away from Kara's ear. Leaning into Lena's chest, Kara let out a long sigh.

"Were the invitations a lot, love?" Lena asked sympathetically. "Next time you have that much wedding work, just wait for me to come home. I'll be more than happy to help you."

"No," Kara groaned. "You were working late, and I didn't want our time together to be taken up with sealing up a bunch of stupid envelopes. But they're all ready to be shipped out now, so you can drop them off at the post office on the way into work tomorrow."

"Well, since it looks like you have a lot of free time now, if you're not too exhausted..."

Lena whispered something into Kara's ear that made her blush. Within seconds, Lena was pinning her against the wall, and Kara was letting her, the invitations long forgotten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow. May 28th. That's like seven months from now," Alex remarked.

"Too long? Too soon?" Kara asked. Even though it really wasn't Alex's decision, Kara still sought her sister's approval.

"Neither," Alex answered, flipping the invitation closed. "I mean, it feels like it's happening so fast, but seven months is a fairly normal length engagement. Boy, if it feels fast to me, I can only imagine how it feels for you. Everything's going well, right, Kara?"

Kara nodded, touched by her sister's concern.

"If you need anything let me know," Alex told her. "The same goes for Maggie, whether she likes it or not. If she's bitter about helping out, I'm sure I can make it up to her somehow."

Alex had a mischievous grin on her face that provoked a chorus of groans and a somewhat disgusted look on Kara's face. She did not appreciate the less than subtle innuendo. Alex chuckled when she saw her sister's expression.

"So, anymore invitations that you plan on hand delivering?" she asked, deciding to be merciful and change the subject.

"Actually, yeah," Kara began, swallowing hard and going a little pale. "Lena wants me to bring one to Lex in his cell. We agreed that it will help her if she knows that he knows that he didn't stop her from achieving happiness."

"You don't look like you're looking forward to the visit," Alex noticed. She took her sister's hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. "I know he really bothers you," she added, her tone softening.