Falling For You

There was a light snowfall in National City, and the gentle snowflakes tickled Kara's skin as she walked hand in hand down the street with Lena, who had decided that they were going to put the free passes for the little ice skating rink that had come with Kara's Santa presents to good use. Kara liked watching Lena in the winter. Something about white snow against her dark hair and wind whipped, rosy cheeks that contrasted with her pale complexion was just so utterly beautiful.

Whack. Kara was pulled from her thoughts by a snowball that hit the back of her head. She rounded on whoever had just hit her to find her fiancée, doubled over with laughter. Lena was giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Oh, you are so going to regret that," Kara warned, scooping up a pile of snow into her hands which she hurled with inhuman accuracy at Lena's chest.

Lena toppled over and lay on the ground, whimpering. Kara rushed over to her side to make sure she was ok. She leaned down next to her girlfriend, who looked very badly shaken.

"Lena! Are you al-"

Before she could finish, Lena grabbed her shoulder and forearm and flipped her into a nearby pile of snow. Kara barely had time to react as Lena sprinted towards the skating rink, shrieking the entire way there.

Ten minutes later, both women had laced up a pair of ice skates. Kara held tight to the edge of the rink, her hands shaking. Although she had super speed and strength, her balance was below average. Lena skated back and forth in front of her amiably. Kara frowned.

"Have you done this before?"

"Of course, love. Haven't you?" Lena smirked.

"No. I thought it would be fun for both of us to get out of our comfort zone."

"I've been out of my comfort zone every time you've gone off to fight bad guys and left me behind," Lena answered cheekily. "It's your turn."

Kara heaved a sigh and pushed herself gingerly towards Lena. Lena glided back just slightly. Kara took another tentative step forward, Lena moved backwards. Kara glared at her and surged forward. Lena's eyes widened as she caught the Kryptonian who just flung herself into her arms.

"Steady, steady," Lena assured her.

Kara began to wobble but managed to balance on her skates beside Lena, one hand still wrapped firmly around her fiancée's arm. She trudged around the rink for a while until Lena called her a turtle and she tried to speed up. She must have gotten a little too excited and accidentally used a bit of her super speed because soon she and Lena are sprawled on the ice. Kara groaned as Lena propped herself up on the superhero's stomach.

"Looks like I fell for you, huh?" Lena grinned.

"That was cheesy and you know it," Kara teased.

"I learned it from you," Lena retorted, her smile growing wider.

"Is that so, mo grá?" Kara continued to tease.

Lena narrowed her eyes.

"How did you know?"

"Oh please, you're obviously Irish," Kara scoffs. "You constantly let your American accent slip, especially after I kiss you.

"That's not fair," Lena pouted. "How am I supposed to keep an accent when I can hardly breath?"

"Oh, so what I'm hearing is I take your breath away?"

"Of course you do, doe-eyed dork. No need to rub it in," Lena scoffed.

"Whatever, nerd," Kara responded affectionately.

Lena looked up suddenly when she heard the snap of a camera. She glared the photographer who was no doubt from some kind of major news outlet. She and Kara were still lying on the ground and the tricky employee must have seen it as the perfect opportunity for some hot new story about Kara and Lena's relationship. He was probably from the Planet. They were fighting for scraps on the Lena/Kara news since both women were talking exclusively to CatCo. Kara watched the man leave with a worried expression. She didn't want the Planet to scoop them on a story that she herself was a part of.

"Don't worry, love," Lena murmured. "CatCo will get a better picture from today."

She handed her phone to a nearby stranger and asked her to take a picture for them. The stranger happily obliged. Lena took Kara's face in her hands and gave her a long kiss, then took back her phone, thanked the woman, and strutted back over to Kara, who still had a stunned look on her face. Lena's smirk seemed to snap Kara out of her stupor.

"Thanks, stór."

"How many of those do you have?" Lena asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Kara shrugged and pressed a kiss to Lena's nose.

"More than I should, daor."

Lena smiled and took Kara's rough hand in her own. They continued to skate for a while, and Kara fell every few minutes. After a particularly hard landing that didn't hurt Kara at all but made Lena wince in pain, she suggested that they had skated enough for the day. Kara agreed and crawled across the ice towards the exit, not even attempting to stand back up. Lena snorted.

"If only your enemies could see you now, Girl of Steel. You've never been more intimidating."