The Day Long Awaited Pt 1

Kara woke up early the next morning. Before her alarm early. She checked the clock and saw that it was only five a.m. After tossing and turning for fifteen minutes ago, she heaved a sigh and got up. If she was going to be awake, she might as well make things easier for her peacefully sleeping girlfriend. She went ahead and laid out exercise clothes for Lena to wear before she went to meet Maggie for hair, makeup, etc.

Kara and Lena had decided that they weren't going to see each other in their wedding dresses until they walked down the aisle. Well, really, Kara had decided, but Lena was more than happy to go along with it. Maggie, who had actually become pretty good friends with Lena since they had been introduced, had taken Lena to find her dress while Alex and Eliza went dress shopping with Kara. Kara would be lying if she said she wasn't curious about what the two women had picked out.

Another thing that Kara and Lena had agreed upon was to change before the reception. This was Lena's condition. Almost everything in her life had been documented by the press, and the CEO had wanted this to be different. The media had no right to see whatever dresses they said 'I do' in. Besides, one of Lena's favorite things to do was to screw with the media.

Kara had just laid out clothes for Lena and herself at the foot of the bed when a hand reached out and pulled her onto the mattress. Caught off guard, the Kryptonian crashed into Lena, who smiled blearily and pulled her in for a kiss.

"Good morning, love."

"Hi beautiful," Kara blushed, giving Lena another peck on the cheek. "Sorry if I woke you up."

"Kara, love, there's ten minutes left until my alarm would have gone off. Don't worry about it. Besides, I'd rather spend those ten minutes awake. I can't kiss you when I'm asleep."

Kara grinned and brought her lips back down to Lena's. Lena sighed, and Kara smiled into the kiss. The morning was heavenly so far. When the alarm finally did go off, Lena let out a frustrated groan, and it took everything Kara had not to shoot her heat vision at whatever had interrupted them. Lena seemed to sense there this was going and brought Kara's face to hers.

"Don't you dare," she whispered softly. "That alarm is on my phone."

Kara groaned and reluctantly rolled off of Lena. Lena hopped out of bed and smiled when she saw the pile of clothes that Kara had arranged on the edge for the two of them. She gave Kara a quick peck on the cheek.

"Thank you, love. Did you make breakfast, too?"

"Lena, you've had my cooking. I think you know the answer to that, mo grá. Also, have I mentioned how much I love that you drop the American accent when it's just the two of us?"

"Glad you like it," Lena grinned.

"Say flirty again, please," Kara asked. She liked the way Lena's accent warped the word to sound more like 'flirshy.'

Lena shook her head but complied, and Kara got that big dopey smile on her face. Her potsticker/Lena smile. Lena took her hand and sat down on the bed. Kara noted that she had turned a little more serious than was usual.

"Love, there's something I've been meaning to discuss with you about the wedding."

Kara felt her heart sink. This was it. Lena was going to tell her that she hadn't meant the proposal, that trying to marry Kara was too complicated, with Kara being Supergirl. That a Super and Luthor could never work.

"So, Maggie and I picked out a dress and a hairstyle, but my neck will be exposed, so people will see my hummingbird tattoo. I know that tattoos don't exactly scream 'classy wedding', so I totally understand if you don't want my hair up, but I'd like it to be."