It Comes To A Close

Pride swelled inside Kara's chest as she watched her daughter step across that stage and receive her high school diploma. Lena sat beside her, squeezing her hand and tearing up a bit as Ava flashed a brilliant smile and confidently exited the stage. Kara felt her wife rest her head into her shoulder. She laced their fingers together.

Ava got up to make her Valedictorian's speech, and Kara couldn't seem to stop smiling. It was short and sweet. At the end of the ceremony, the principal let each kid step forward and announce their plans for the future. Ava beamed at her mothers when she announced that she would be attending Brown University.

Although Kara clapped loudly and smiled brightly, she couldn't help but feel a little pang of sadness at the thought of Ava going to an East Coast school. It was so far away! Sure, she could fly there to visit in less than an hour, but it wouldn't be the same as having her right there, safe and sound in the penthouse.

The graduation party was extravagant. Lena had spared no expense to make Ava feel special, especially since getting into an Ivy League school was such a huge accomplishment. Ava's friends and their families had all been invited, Lena insisting that any friend of Ava's was a friend of her and Kara's, and Alex, Maggie, James, Winn, and even Mon-El were all there to support Ava.

The party was held in a large empty warehouse that Lena had rented. The lighting, decorations, and menu had all been arranged to a tee. Both Kara and Lena had fretted over it for weeks now, trying to make things perfect for their little girl.

"Kara look," Lena breathed, pulling on Kara's arm.

Kara turned around to find Ava striding toward them, the royal blue of her dress bringing out her eyes, her chestnut locks flowing around her shoulders in soft curls. The grin plastered on her freckled face was infectious.

"Ava, you look so beautiful tonight," Kara said as Lena murmured in agreement. "We are so proud of you, sweetheart."

"Thank you," Ava flushed. "For everything. You've both done so much for me. I wouldn't have gotten this far if it hadn't been for the two of you."

"Oh nonsense," Lena scoffed. "You're so bright. You would've been fine without us."

"You don't give yourself enough credit! You guys are my motivation! I want to grow up to be just as badass as my mothers."

"And you will," Kara said. "I know it in my heart that you will become an amazing person. You're already so confident, strong, kind, and beautiful."

"I learned from the best," Ava added. "Seriously, you guys are the best parents a girl could ask for."

"I promised myself I wouldn't cry," Kara sniffled.

"I didn't," Lena said, tears streaming down her face. "I'm going to miss you so much, darling."

"I'll miss you, too," Ava assured her. "Both of you."

"Oh, c'mere." Kara enveloped both her wife and daughter into a bearhug. "We love you," she whispered.

"I love you," Ava answered. "So much."

"Call every day," Lena said.

"You know I will."

"And be safe," Kara added. "If you need help, just let me know. I have connections in the superhero department." She winked, causing another tear to roll down her cheek.

"Hate to interrupt, but, Kara, it's your jam," Alex said, strolling over to her sister and her teary-eyed family. Kara grinned as NSYNC's Bye Bye Bye blared from the speakers.

"Thanks, Alex," she grinned, dragging everyone to the dance floor.

Maggie came over almost as soon as they started dancing, Ava's best friend, Tucker right behind her.

"Were you trying to jam out to this song without me, Danvers?" she teased.

"Of course not," Alex grinned. "And it's Danvers-Sawyer, remember?"

"How could I forget?" Maggie laughed.

"Woo-hoo! NSYNC!" Tucker yelled, bobbing her head around. "Go Kara! Go Kara! Look at those moves!"

"Don't encourage her," Lena muttered, rolling her eyes.

The six women danced around goofily, having an all around good time and not caring who watched or what they thought. By the end they were all laughing, and Kara was practically screaming the words.

"I'm gonna miss you, kid," Alex remarked.

"I'll miss you too, Aunt Alex. But I think I'll miss Aunt Mags a little more."

"Aha!" Maggie chanted triumphantly. "I told you she like me better." She skillfully avoided Alex's hand as her wife swatted at her. "Love you, kiddo!"

"Well, I think I'll miss Tuck a little more!" Alex teased. "I still can't believe the pair of you got into Brown. I didn't even get into Brown!"

Kara smirked and wrapped an arm around Lena's shoulders.

"Look at how lucky we are, Lena," she whispered. "Look at all we have. I wouldn't trade the life we've made for anything. Thank you for putting up with me."

"Of course, love," Lena answered. "You make me better."

"You make me better, too."

"Who would've thought, a Super and a Luthor, living their lives together."

(A/N Alright, friends, this is it. It's complete. Hope you've enjoyed it! Ava's studying to become a surgeon so that she can save lives like Kara and Tucker wants to be an engineer, in case you were wondering. I've decided that I'll take prompts if you guys want any more supercorp or anything else really, whatever interests you that you feel like I should write. Just send me a message if you have an idea, and I'll write it. Thanks so much for all the support, especially the comments. Those make my day!)