Another Supergirl Scandal

News of Kara and Lena's engagement had spread pretty quickly throughout National City. Not for the first time, her love life had gotten her called into Snapper's office for an interview with Clay Tucker. He smiled warmly when he saw her stroll into the room.

"Clay," she nodded curtly.

"Kara!" he greeted enthusiastically. "Long time no see!"

"You got a haircut," she said, noting that his curly mop of light brown had been replaced with a more clean cut style.

"That I did," he answered. "I thought this looked more professional."

Kara nodded and added, "It suits you."

"If you weren't engaged, I'd think you were flirting," Clay laughed.

Kara blushed and dismissed his comment immediately.

"Ra-God, no, I'm awful at that."

"And yet Lena likes you anyway."

"That she does. Shall we begin?"

Clay launched into a series of questions, the obvious things you ask a bride to be: How did she propose? When is the date set for? Who do you plan to invite? What kind of ceremony will you be having? Have you decided on a honeymoon location yet? Kara answered these with ease. Then, Clay touched upon a subject Kara hadn't really thought about.

"Is Supergirl invited to your wedding? I mean, you guys are close friends."

"Uh," Kara stammered. "Well, you see, Supergirl is supposed to be spending time with, uh, her cousin because, uh, he thinks they've grown apart. Unfortunately, she can't make it."

"Too awkward to invite the ex?" Clay questioned.

"What? No!" Kara insisted. "No, of course not. Supergirl and I never dated. I thought we'd already established this."

"Does Lena just get very jealous, and so she doesn't want her to come, even though you've made it clear that your relationship with National City's hero is completely platonic?"

"Lena is not jealous of Supergirl. There's nothing there for her to be jealous about! Sure, she gets jealous sometimes, but it's very cute, especially the way she pulls me closer to her and gives the object of her jealousy the death stare, and not damaging to my relationships with others around me. She was a little jealous of James at first, but he's one of my best friends, so he's still invited..." Kara trailed off, realizing that she'd said way too much.

"So Superman is keeping Supergirl away from this wedding, then? That makes him seem a little possessive. Is Supergirl not allowed to have friends?"

"Kal-Cl-Superman isn't possessive!" Kara stammared. "Y'know what, I'll talk to Supergirl and see what I can do. The ceremony is strictly family, so she won't be coming to it-"

"So, I'll see her at the reception, then?" Clay cut her off.

"Yeah, I guess."

Kara sighed. Damn her rambling and general flustered-ness. Why was she so awkward? She knew that Lena was not going to be happy when she read that article.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"'She gets jealous sometimes, but it's very cute, especially the way she pulls me closer to her and gives the object of her jealousy the death stare,'" Lena quoted, an amused smile playing on her lips.

Kara put her head in her hands. Lena crossed the room in a few strides and came to a halt right beside Kara. She leaned down and lifted Kara's chin to make eye contact with her.

"I didn't know you thought that was cute," she teased. "I'll make a note to get jealous more often. Although, that note about me being jealous of James, that seemed a little too personal."

"I know, I didn't mean to say that. It just slipped out!"

"You have got to get that rambling problem in check," Lena chastised.

"Please don't give me a lecture." Kara looked down at her hands. "I already feel bad enough about it."

"Don't feel bad," Lena said, walking behind her and gently rubbing Kara's tense shoulders. "It's a part of who you are. Besides, you're just as cute when you're flustered as I apparently am when I'm jealous."

She walked back around so that she was facing Kara again. Kara groaned as Lena raised her eyebrows. She was never going to live this one down. Lena seemed to sense her agitation but was not quite ready to quit teasing her.

"Seriously though," she mused. "You're horrible at giving interviews. You get so flustered with all of the attention and the questions and the way that journalists talk to try and trip you up. I've had some screw ups, but never as bad as you. You should let me tutor you or something so that you don't embarrass us further in the future."

"Lena this is serious!" Kara pouted. "Supergirl can't come to our wedding. It's my wedding! She is not ruining my special day, our special day!"

"Relax, love," Lena said, sitting down on Kara's lap. "We'll have the ceremony, go to the reception, Supergirl will make an appearance, drop off a present, tell me that she has to go on some emergency quest for the DEO, and the rest of the night will be focused on us one hundred percent."

"What kind of emergency?" Kara wondered aloud. "What could we fake that could possibly be so important that the media will let Supergirl leave the wedding reception of her dear friend?"

Lena thought for a second then smiled, clearly happy with whatever idea she had just come up with.

"A dangerous piece of alien tech," Lena suggested. "The CIA found a piece of alien tech that they need Supergirl to inspect because, as far as the public knows, no government agency has any useful information or experience with alien technology. Naturally, she has to go."

"That could work..."

"It will," Lena assured her. She took Kara's hands in hers. "Trust me on this. It will."

"You promise?" Kara asked.

"I promise," Lena answered, sealing it with a kiss. 

(A/N Not next chapter, but a few after, I need some kind of fluffy prompt to put in between two chapters where something a little bit more major happens. By major, I don't really mean action type stuff, but more plot elements, including a conversation between Supercorp and one between Sanvers that might bring a little bit of disappointment a couple chapters from now. Anyway, if you guys have any suggestions for something to put in between these two more serious ideas that I'm toying with, let me know in the comments)