Handling Lex Luthor

"I won't let you hurt her," Lena said, stepping protectively in front of Kara.

"Have it your way," Lex chuckled and fired.

"Lena, no!" Kara cried out.

She jumped in front of her girlfriend just as the bullet reached them. It sunk into her shoulder. Kara fell to the ground and cried out in agony. Alex was on top of him in mere seconds. She kicked him in the gut before he could reload his pistol, sending Lex toppling to the ground. She landed another blow straight into his jaw. He spit blood on her feet and tried to trip her up. Seeing where this was going, Maggie rushed over, cocked her gun, and pressed it's barrel against his temple.

"Alright, Baldie, don't touch my family ever again, or so help me, I will pull this trigger."

Lex spit on her as well.

"I'm warning you," Maggie said, deadly serious.

"Go on then, pull the trigger. Shoot me dead. If you're anything like Little Miss Sunshine, you won't. You're too good, not willing to do what is necessary, always claiming there's another way. So soft, you heroes. You won't shoot."

He reached grabbed Alex's leg with one hand and reached towards his own gun with the other. Maggie fired into his shoulder.

"Like hell I won't," she gritted her teeth.

Lex cried out in pain as crumpled to the floor. Maggie put the gun back to his head. His bald crown gleamed with sweat, his beady eyes darted around rapidly, and his jaw was clenched tight. Nevertheless, Lex let out a low chuckle.

"Finally, some action. I like you. Shame that I'm going to have to kill you. Boys!" Two big, buff looking men stepped out of the shadows. "You didn't seriously think I wouldn't still have people working for me? Didn't seriously think I could've escaped from prison myself? You forget, I'm clinically insane."

"You go that right," Maggie muttered. She looked directly at the two guys. "If you come any closer, I'll shoot him dead. Right here, right now. I'm not playing."

The men stood where they were. Maggie smirked. Lex frowned.

"What are you waiting for? Attack them!" Lex called.

The biggest man looked at Maggie's gun. Maggie gave him a cold smile. He looked quizzically at Lex. Lex nodded.

"Get on with it!"

The big man slowly started forward. Maggie cocked the gun again. He stopped. Lex hissed at him. He started forward again. Maggie put her finger on the trigger. He stopped. Lex hissed at him. He started forward again. Maggie fired into Lex's skull. Lex's eyes rolled back in his head. The first man, the biggest one, the one who had been moving forward, looked afraid. The second man looked pissed.

The second man fired at Alex. Maggie's eyes grew wide as she helplessly watched the bullet shoot forward towards her fiancee's chest. Kara struggled to her feet and, using all of her remaining energy, launched herself in front of her sister. She passed in front of Alex just in time. This bullet thankfully bounced neatly off her chest and dinged as it dropped. Kara hit the ground with a thud, landing on her injured shoulder. She yelped.

Several DEO agents who had been stationed outside and had heard the commotion rushed into the building, aiming their guns at Lex's cronies. The first one, the scared one, cooperated, allowing himself to be handcuffed. The second shot himself in the mouth. His knees buckled as the back of his head exploded. Kara screamed as he fell. Alex dropped to her side and put her arms around her sister.

"Sh... Kara, it's ok. It's ok. I've got you. I promise, I've got you. Lena's ok, I'm ok, Maggie's ok. We're all ok."

"He's dead," Kara whimpered.

"He tried to shoot me," Alex said calmly.

"Yeah," Kara murmured. "He did. I'd never let him, though. Never."

Lena and Maggie ran over to the Danvers sisters. Maggie put her arms around Alex, and Lena practically threw herself down next to Kara. There were tears in her eyes.

"Don't you ever save my life again if there's Kryptonite involved. Do you hear me?"

"I can't make any promises," Kara said, offering up a weak grin.

Lena let out a half laugh, half sob and buried her face into Kara's chest. Kara looked at the blood gushing from her wounded shoulder and noticed that it had left a dark red stain down her side.

"So much for donating this dress."

"We still have mine, love," Lena assured her.

"Kara, we need to go back to the DEO," Alex said. "Can you stand? Do you need a stretcher?"

"I can stand fine," Kara assured her sister. She grunted as she pushed herself back onto her feet. "I was shot in the shoulder, not the leg."

"That's what I figured you'd say," Alex teased. "You've always gotta be so strong, don't you, Kara?"

"I learned that from you," Kara grinned.

"Yeah, well, maybe we should both learn to ask for help more often."

"Maybe," Kara agreed. "How long do you think Supergirl will need to heal?"

"Not long," Alex said. "With your superpowers, it should only be a couple of days. Then, you can go on your honeymoon."

"If I'm out for a couple of days, can I really take another week off?"

"Don't worry, Kara, we've got it covered. Go be with Lena, ok?"

Kara smiled at her sister and took her wife (her WIFE)'s hand.

"Ok."

"Let's go get you patched up, Little Danvers," Maggie said. "You're still bleeding."

Kara nodded and asked, "Maggie, can I talk to you for a second before we go? Alone?"

"Sure thing," Maggie answered.

Alex and Lena shrugged and headed towards the van parked out front. Kara gave Maggie a nervous look.

"You just killed a man."

Maggie swallowed hard and nodded.

"How do you feel?"

"Awful," Maggie admitted. "I caused that blank stare. I cause him to breath his last breath. I caused him to no longer be him. How could I do that, Kara?"

"You were just doing your job," Kara assured her. "Protect and serve."

"But have you ever killed anyone, Kara? You protect people all the time!"

"I haven't had to," Kara admitted. "I can't imagine how hard it must be. I know you, Maggie. I know you so well. I know how sweet you are, how soft you are, how kind you are on the inside, so I'm asking you, begging you, not just for Alex's sake, but for your own, please don't let this get to you. Please don't let him ruin your life, too. You only did what you had to."

Maggie broke. She collapsed into Kara's chest, sobbing. Kara put her arms around the little detective, who was looking more fragile than she ever head. She rubbed Maggie's back, comforting her.

"It's ok," she murmured. "It's ok. I'm going to take you to Alex, and she's going to make you feel better, ok?"

Maggie nodded weakly. Kara put her arm around the woman and led her to the van. She passed her wordlessly into Alex's arms.

"Hey, Maggie," Alex said softly. "Thank you for saving my life. I love you."

She pressed a kiss to Maggie's forehead. Lena took Kara's hand and rubbed circles into her palm. Kara sighed and rested her head on Lena's shoulder. She was so tired. She had lost a lot blood. The edges of her vision were growing black. She felt Lena wrap her arms around her as she keeled over into her wife's lap. The last thing she heard was Lena whispering, "Alex, I think she's fainted." Or maybe it wasn't whispering, but that was all Kara could hear before the blackness called her into it's embrace and she completely lost consciousness.