The Day Long Awaited pt 2

The reception was crowded, as expected. Most of the newcomers were L-Corp investors or reporters who had managed to score an invite, but a there were a few of Kara's other friends and some DEO agents dispersed throughout the room. Eve Teschmacher was there, and Mon-El was trying to hide from her since they were at the wedding of the girl he had dumped her for. Kara smiled warmly at her, though. After all, Eve was still her friend.

It hadn't taken long for Lena and Kara to change after the wedding. Although the wedding dresses were beautiful, they long skirts weren't the easiest thing to move in. Both women were wearing short dresses in deep colors that matched their eyes. Both women had guessed that their dress would drive the other one crazy. Both women were absolutely right.

Kara continuously gave Lena smitten looks or flirty waves and mouthed things about how hot she looked or how much she loved her to turn Lena's fake, socializing, investor smile into a genuine one. It worked every time. After about an hour, Lena pointed to the clock. Kara groaned, but nevertheless, she changed into her Supergirl gear and touched down just in front of Lena, present in her hand. It was just an empty box, but the media didn't need to know that.

"Supergirl," Lena beamed. "So nice of you to come. I think you just missed Kara." She craned her neck, pretending to search through the crowd. "Yup. I don't see her."

"Congratulations," Kara said. "I hope you and Kara will be very happy together. This reception is lovely."

"Thank you. Kara planned most of the decor-"

Lena was cut off by a beeping sound coming from Supergirl's phone. Kara looked down and pretended to be annoyed.

"Lena, I am so sorry. The military has found some unidentified object that they think might be alien tech. I have to go. I'm the only one who could identify it for them. Say you understand?"

"Of course, Supergirl. Go save the world."

"Goodbye! Congrats again!" Kara called, leaping back into the sky.

After changing back into her dress, Kara eagerly rushed back into the party to go find Lena. Maggie stopped her at the edge.

"Hey, Little Danvers, can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, of course. What's up, Mags?"

"I just, uh, wanted to ask you... um, well, I mean, I know this is your special day, but I just wanted to kind of build off of the romance. Weddings are super romantic. So, would it be alright with you if I maybe asked Alex to marry me today?"

"Oh my Rao!" Kara screamed.

Maggie shushed her. She flashed an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, sorry. I uh, I just thought you didn't want to get married."

"I didn't, but I could see how much it meant to Alex, and it's not like there's any particular reason for me not to get married. Even if I don't think it's a big deal, it doesn't mean I couldn't do it. Besides, marriage might not be a big deal for me, but Alex's happiness is one of the most important things in the world to me. I love her, Kara."

"Her happiness is one of the most important things in the world to me, too. Of course you can ask her to marry you! It will be a happy day for the both of us, and that smile on her face when you propose will be the best wedding present you could've given me."

Maggie grinned and held up a small black box. Kara gave her a quick hug.

"Thank you, Kara," Maggie breathed.

"Go make my sister smile," Kara beamed.

Both women rushed forward to their respective partners. Lena looked confused next to Kara, who was bouncing happily up and down. Kara pulled Lena out to a little courtyard, making sure to stand a few meters away from Alex and Maggie. Maggie got down on one knee. Kara used her super hearing.

"Alex, we've been together for a while now, and I want to live the rest of my life like that while. I want to wake up next to you every day, I want to get drinks with you after work, I want to snuggle up on the couch with after a particularly hard day or evening or whatever and just feel... right. So, why not make it official. Alex Danvers, love of my whole damn life, will you marry me?"

"I thought you didn't want to get married," Alex echoed Kara's words from earlier.

"I want you to be happy," Maggie said simply.

"And I want you to be happy," Alex answered.

"Being with you makes me happy," Maggie responded. "So I figured marrying you could only make me happier."

Alex grinned, giving Maggie her hand.

"Then yes. God, yes. I'd love to marry you!"

She wrapped her arms around Maggie and gave her a hard kiss. Then, she pulled back, looking at the ring on her finger.

"So, can I-"

"Go." Maggie cut her off. "Find your sister. Tell her the good news."

Alex rushed forward and grabbed her sister's shoulders.

"I'm getting married, too!" she yelled.

The Danvers sisters bounced up and down together, chatting excitedly about weddings and what the future held for them until the DJ called for the first dance. Lena took Kara's hand and led her blushing bride to the dance floor. Much to the media's confusion, they danced merrily to You'll Be In My Heart from Disney's Tarzan. Lena grinned like an idiot the entire time.

The rest of the reception passed in a blur. The food was fantastic. Kara had requested chinese, which was a little untraditional, but the rest of their wedding had already been pretty untraditional. It had been exactly what Kara and Lena had wanted, though. Kara was pulled this way and that. She was congratulated, interviewed, sometimes both, by every person in the room. One second, Lena was feeding her wedding cake, the next, Winn was pulling her onto the dance floor for some Beyonce song, and the next, Clay Tucker was giving her an informal interview. Although Kara was in every sense a people person, all of this socializing wore her out quickly. Soon, but not soon enough, the crowd began to thin. As the last car pulled away, that's when things started to get crazy.

A man stepped out of the shadows. His bald head was all too familiar. Kara immediately moved to stand beside Lena.

"Lex," Lena sneered.

"Hiya, sis. Might not want to include the actual details for your wedding on the invitation you throw at me next time."

"Maybe not. But you're nothing we can't handle."

"Is that so?" Lex asked, holding out a green glowing gun cartridge and loading it into a pistol. "I've been waiting a long time for this..."