Michael Jon Carter

"Can we order already?" Mon El complained.

Most of the Superfriends, Maggie, Mon, Alex, Kara, Lena, and James, were sitting in a booth at a little italian place that Maggie had found. It had quickly become the gang's hangout since it had a couple of booths large enough to seat all of them comfortably, even when Lucy or J'onn would join them.

"We have to wait for Winn," Kara chastised. "He said he'd be here soon, and he's bringing a date."

"Ugh, well, he'd better hurry up."

"You're just grumpy because Winn has a hot date and you don't," Maggie teased.

"I could've brought someone if I wanted to!" Mon El protested.

"Oh yeah? Who?"

"Eve! She would've been happy to come with me."

"Eve doesn't want anything to do with you," Alex said. "Not since you slept with her sister."

Mon El looked embarrassed and sputtered, trying to think of something good to say. Everyone else laughed at his idiocy.

"You guys are mean!" he whined like a little boy.

"C'mon, buddy," James said, chuckling. "We're just messing with you."

Lena's phone buzzed. She looked down at it and grinned.

"What is it?" Kara asked.

"Winn wants me to tell you guys that he's bi, his date is a dude named Michael, and he really likes him, so we all have to be on our best behavior."

"Damn," Alex cursed, handing Maggie a twenty. "Every time. You even knew about my own sister before I did."

"What can I say?" Maggie grinned, taking the money. "I've spent most of my life trying to pick out gay girls in a crowd."

Just then, Winn entered with a tall blonde in a letterman's jacket. He pulled the new guy over to their booth.

"Guys, this is Michael Carter."

Before anyone could respond, Mon El pushed his way forward and said, "Hey, dude, I'm Mike, so I guess you'll just have to stay Michael."

Winn shot Mon a glare, but Michael only chuckled and shook his head. He offered his hand to Mon.

"Nice to meet you, Mike. Don't worry, I have no intentions of stealing your name."

"Hi Michael!" Kara said enthusiastically. Winn gave her a grateful look. "I'm Kara. Kara Danvers-Luthor, and this is my wife, Lena."

"And I'm Alex," Alex interjected. "Kara's sister."

"Maggie, Alex' fiance."

"James, the coolest one here."

Lena snorted and shook her head. Michael laughed goodnaturedly.

"She seems to disagree, and I can see why. You're Lena Luthor, aren't you? CEO of L-Corp?"

"Yeah, that'd be me. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"You as well."

He and Winn finally sat down. Winn looked relieved to see that everyone was getting along and relaxed, allowing himself to rest against Michael's arm.

"So, Michael, what do you do for a living?" Lena asked.

"Retired actually."

"Really?" James marveled. "Wow, you're a pretty young dude. How'd you pull that off?"

"My old job made good money," Michael answered simply.

"Which was?"

Winn looked a little uncomfortable as Michael paused for a bit, thinking about something.

"Policeman," he said decisively.

"Oh, cool. Mags is in the force," Alex remarked. "Although she doesn't make that much."

"I was a very highly trained policeman, and I was given a lot of... special tasks, I guess, that no one else could handle. Back in my old city, I was fairly widely known."

"Enough of that," Winn interrupted. "Let's order. I bet Mon- Mike is starving."

"You have no idea!" Mon El said, not trying to be subtle about his agitation.

"Wait, Michael Carter?" Kara asked, thinking back to all of those talks with her cousin about his job, and not his reporter job- his superhero job. "Would that be Michael Jon Carter? As in Booster Gold from the Justice League?"

"Shhhh!" Michael hissed. "How did you know about that?"

"My cousin-" Kara started off, but stopped herself. "Y'know this really isn't the right place for this conversation. Just forget about it until after lunch, and then you and Winn can stop by Lena's and my apartment. We'll talk there."

"Thanks for comparing my job to that of a superhero," Maggie smirked.

Kara smacked her shoulder and gave her a death glare, but that only increased Maggie's smirk. Alex chuckled and swung her arm around her fiance affectionately. The rest of lunch passed without any more big surprises.

Winn followed obediently behind Kara the entire way back to the apartment. Michael seemed to notice his agitation and took his hand. Lena, not wanting to be outdone, wrapped her arm around Kara's waist. Kara gave her an amused grin, which only seemed to encourage Lena further. By the time they reached the front door, she was practically hanging all over Kara.

"I'll open the door as soon as my wife lets me get to my purse," she teased.

Everyone took a seat, and Kara did her best to make Michael feel at home before dropping the bomb on him.

"Superman is my cousin."

"So that makes you..." Michael trailed off, his eyes growing huge with wonder.

"Supergirl," Kara grinned. She never got tired of saying that. "That'd be me."

"That's so cool!" Michael said.

"Not as cool as being a, from the future, and b, in the Justice League!" Kara responded jealously.

"You don't need the Justice League, though," Michael protested. "You're Supergirl!"

"Superman's in the Justice League," Kara pointed out.

"Yeah but he's not as awesome as you," Michael answered easily. "Don't ever tell him I said that."

"You got to meet Wonder Woman, though!" Kara whined. "Is she as badass as people say she is?"

"Oh yeah, totally," Michael answered. "Even more so! And super sarcastic, not to mention gorgeous!"

"Um, should I be jealous?" Winn asked.

"Dude, relax, I'm gay," Michael laughed.

"Should I? You're not going to leave me for Wonder Woman, are you?" Lena teased, raising an eyebrow.

"Absolutely not," Kara responded, giving her a kiss.

"Ok, well, we should probably get going, but I have so many embarrassing stories for you about Clark."

"Great! I'll trade you all of mine. Bye, Winn. You're boyfriend's super cool, by the way. He can totally become a Super Friend."

Winn blushed and murmured a goodbye.

"You getting excited about superhero stuff is really cute," Lena said, putting her head in Kara's lap. "I love you."

"I love you, too," Kara responded, running her hands through Lena's hair.

"Even more than Wonder Woman?" Lena mused.

"Even more than Wonder Woman."