Chapter 10

*Jackson's POV*

"Open this door right now young man!" my Uncle Rob shouts from the other side of the door.
"And why would I do that?" I shout back.
"Because I am your uncle and you will listen to me," he says angrily.
"Last time I checked I'm 18 and I can make my own decisions," I yell through the door.
"Jackson, calm down. Don't worry, I'm not mad. Some people just don't approve of people that aren't straight," Aaron says calming me down a little bit.
"But Aaron, it isn't okay. There is nothing wrong with being gay or bisexual or just being yourself," I say as my uncle bursts through the door.
"What the hell is wrong with you, boy," he says gritting his teeth.
"What are you doing to do now? Hit me? Yell at me? What do you want me to say? Sorry I'm gay, that is just who I am," I scream at him.
"No, but I'm going to tell you that dating a guy is wrong and knock some sense into you," he says stepping twords me.
"What is going on here?" my mom asks walking in the door.
"Ask him," I say pointing at my Uncle Rob.
She glares at him, "What is going on?" she asks frustrated.
"You do know Jackson is gay right?" Rob asks my mom.
"Yes, and I see no problem so if you could kindly leave them alone that would be fantastic," she says angrily.
"You weren't raised to be like this," Rob says walking out of the door looking angry.
"Are you guys okay?" my mom asks, "Jackson? Did he hit you?" she asks walking twords me.
"No, why?" I ask confused.
"Why do you have a bruise on your neck?" she asks not realizing it is a hickey.
"Oh um, that isn't a bruise," I say pulling up my shirt and laughing it off.
"Oh," she says realizing what is was, "well I am going to go back out here and I hope you guys are okay."
"Thank you," I say to her for helping us.
She looks back at us and smiles as she walks out of the door.

"I'm so sorry," I say to Aaron running my hands through my hair.
"Don't worry about it baby boy," Aaron says standing in front of me and grabbing my hands.
"I am going to worry about it though. He shouldn't have done that," I say sighing.
"Hey, look at me. There is nothing you can do now. All we can do is forget about it and continue with our day," Aaron says pulling me into a well needed hug.

We pull apart and go back out into the still crowded room of family talking and crying. I start walking and find myself in the room with the casket. There were 6 other people in the room not including Aaron and I. I walk over to the casket one last time to see him before I leave. I say my silent goodbyes and walk away holding Aaron's hand and walking out the front door. Nova is sitting on the steps sobbing.

"Hey, Nova. What's wrong?" I ask sitting down beside her still crying myself.
"Everything," she says looking down at the ground.
"Hey, it will be okay," I say rubbing her back.
"No, it won't be okay. My life is a mess," she says crying even harder.
"I know how you feel. Do you wanna come with us and go to my moms house?" I ask her while standing up and offering her my hand to help her up.
"Are you sure? I ruin everything," she says sounding defeated by life.
"Let's go," I say walking twords the car and getting in the driver's seat.

They both get in the car and after a few minutes we arrive at my mom's house. I unlock the door with the spare key hidden in one of her plants on the porch and we go inside.

"I'm going upstairs to get changed. If you need anything let me know," I say to Nova and Aaron.
Aaron comes upstairs to gets comfy clothes on too.

Once we are changed I lay on my bed and check all of my social media. Aaron comes and lays beside me and Nova comes upstairs and knocks on the door.

"Hey Jackson, do you have any comfy clothes I can wear. Just like some sweatpants and a t-shirt," Nova asks.
"Yeah here ya go," I say handing her some comfy clothes.

She goes into the bathroom and changes and comes back into my room. "Goodnight guys. I'm going to go downstairs and sleep on the couch."
"You can stay up here for a bit if you want. It is only 6:00. We probably won't go to bed until around 11:00 anyway," I say sitting up.
"Hey Jackson, thank you for letting me come here," she says laying down across the bottom of the bed.
"Its no big deal," I reply.
"When do you think we are going back to LA?" Aaron asks.
"We have to book tickets but I was thinking not tomorrow but the next day," I say answering his question.
"Sounds good," he says kissing my cheek.
I hear my mom come in from downstairs. "I'm home," she yells up the stairs.

A few hours pass and I start to get tired so I lay down. "Hey guys, I know I said 11:00 but I'm so worn out from today and I'm ready to go to sleep."
"Me too," Aaron and Nova say at the same time.
"Goodnight guys," Nova says walking downstairs.
"Goodnight," I shout back laying down and Aaron snuggling up beside me.
"Love you baby boy," Aaron says.
"Love you too," I say drifting off to sleep.

____________________________

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! I REALLY NEED FEEDBACK ON THIS!!!
Do you want shorter chapters like around the length of this one uploaded almost every day or longer ones 3 times this length uploaded every 3-4 days? I would really appreciate a response.

Anywayyyy, I would've made this chapter longer but I'm tired so yeah. I love you all so very much. Please respond to the question above. Don't forget to vote if you want to. There are most likely many errors in this chapter so sorry about that. Also 700+ reads that is insane. Love you all❤