Chapter 7 - Miss Perfect

I looked through my dresses and picked out a frilly black dress that stopped at my knees. I also put on flats and grabbed a purse putting everything in it. I grabbed some ruby red lips stick and placed it on my lips. I pinned up my hair and put the rose that Itachi gave me in my hair. I smiled at myself in the mirror. "Scarlet let's go" said Itachi's voice, as I ran out of the bedroom and paused seeing Itachi straightening his tie. Itachi stopped and glanced at me. I smiled and walked towards him. "What the hell are you wearing?" he asked, as I sighed and glared at him. "Very funny dog... here" I said straightening his tie for him. He paused just looking at me and I smiled looking at him. "Come on" I said, as he slowly nodded. We walked towards the elevator, went to the parking lot, and got into Itachi's red convertible. We started driving and we stopped at a fancy restaurant. We walked in and Kisame chuckled walking over to us. "Just in time" said Kisame, as we walked following him at a table. We then saw a chubby business man and beside him as a young looking woman with black hair. "Itachi, Scarlet, this is" Kisame was about to say, but I walked forward putting out my hand. "Colonel Pierre... it's been so long" I said, as Kisame and Itachi looked at me shocked. He smiled kissing my hand. "Ah Scarlet L. Makuna I haven't seen you since your mother's passing, sorry for your loss" he said, as I smiled sadly. "Yes, it was sudden. However I noticed you have lost some weight since then haven't you?" I asked, as he chuckled. "Now, now, young lady. I know your going to be married soon" he said, as I faked giggled and Itachi came beside me. "Colonel this is my fiancé Itachi Uchiha" I said holding onto his arm. The Colonel smiled shaking his hand and Itachi glanced at me. We all sat down and the Colonel was having most of his discussions with me and Itachi, even after we were done eating. "So Itachi my boy... you should be honoured at having such a woman as a wife" said the Colonel, as Itachi smirked closing his eyes. "Well, I am certainly lucky" said Itachi, as Colonel chuckled. "Now, now, onto business... since the Makuna enterprises are be supporting the Akatsuki Company I would gladly give support as well" he said taking out a check and started writing down numbers. He then gave it to Kakuzu and his eyes widened. "This is an honour Colonel" said Kakuzu, as he chuckled. "Just invite me to the wedding" he said laughing, as I smiled and waved good-bye to him. I paused seeing the girl that was beside the Colonel wink at Itachi. He sighed closing his eyes and he got up. "Itachi" I said, as he looked at me. "I'll be back" he whispered, as I paused. I waited for a bit and then Kakuzu and Sasori left. I narrowed my eyes and then Kisame put his hand on my shoulder. "Come on I'll drop you off" he said, as I slowly nodded my head. Kisame drove me to Itachi's place and he led me to Itachi's apartment. He opened the door and I looked around seeing the room dark. "Well see you" he said closing the door. I lowered my head, ran to the couch, and started crying in a pillow. I felt like an idiot for even trying to be nice. I looked at the clock reading 10 p.m. I had tears crawl down my face. I got up, walked to the kitchen, and I opened the fridge seeing a bottle of white wine. I took out the bottle, opened it, and walked back to the couch. I sat down and turned on the T.V. watching romance crap. I drank from the bottle and the pulled out my ponytail letting my hair drape over my face. Before I knew it 10 turned to 11 and 11 turned to 12. I paused realising I drank the whole bottle. I growled placing it on the table, I walked over to the bedroom, and changed into my pyjamas.  I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I walked back out and lowered my eyes. I walked to the bedroom and I got into the covers. I couldn't help but cry myself to sleep.

"Scarlet" said a voice, as I paused and slowly opened my eyes. I stopped seeing Itachi looking at me. "Sorry I took so long" he said, as I closed my eyes. "It's fine" I said getting up. "You sure?" he asked, as I narrowed my eyes. "I'm fine just drop it" I said walking away from him and into the kitchen. I sat at the kitchen bar on a bar stool and I closed my eyes. I looked seeing pancakes were placed in front of me. "I want to make it up to you" he said, as I looked at him. "You think pancakes are going to make up for you having sex with the Colonel's daughter" I said. "Scarlet" he said, as I pushed the food away. "Don't screw with me" I shouted walking away and got changed into Itachi's closet. I walked back out and then saw Kisame, Sasori, Kakuzu and Hidan along with Itachi. "Well there's the girl we need to talk to" chuckled Kisame "What for?" I asked narrowing my eyes. "Your behaviour to the Colonel; it's like you were a different person" said Sasori, as Hidan's eyes widened. "Seriously" he said, as I put my hands in my pockets. "It's like my father says Business is Business" I said walking to the phone. I dialed the number. "This better be good" shouted Deidara's voice, as I growled. "Put my sister on the phone girly boy" I shouted "MAKE ME" he shouted, as I growled. Sasori then took the phone. "Now Deidara" he said, as he handed me back the phone back. I looked at the phone. "Hey" said Lilith, as I closed my eyes. "Hey are you busy? I really want to hang out” I said "Yeah sure... downtown ok?" she asked. "Yeah... I'll be there in ten" I said hanging up the phone. "I'm going out" I said walking past Itachi. "Scarlet" he said, as I looked at him. "Never mind" he said, as I closed my eyes and walked towards the front door. I walked out of the apartment and took the elevator down. Once out of the building I ran to catch the bus. I walked to a cafe Lilith and I always go to downtown and I sat down at a booth. I waited and Lilith finally came in. "Hey" I said, as she sat down in front of me. "Uh, guys suck" she said, as I nodded. Lilith stopped and looked at me. "What happened?" she asked, as I had tears crawl down my face. "Scarlet" she said getting up and sat next to me. "I was so stupid Lilith... I thought he was actually starting to care what I thought and my likes" I said, as Lilith patted my back. I explained the whole thing to her and she sighed. "Geez and you even addressed him as your fiancé" said Lilith, as I nodded. "I also drank a whole bottle of wine" I said, as Lilith paused. "To tell the truth I have conflicts with Deidara. He's such an ass where as Sasori is so sweet" said Lilith, as I closed my eyes. "Maybe I should just date someone else" I said hitting my head on the table. Lilith sighed and patted my back again. "It'll be ok" she said. "Easy for you to say. You go out with tons of guys who don't use you... all my relationships have been nothing but" I said hitting my head on the table again. "Come on let's do some shopping" she said, as I nodded.

To Be Continued...