Chapter 8 - The Truth

When finished shopping we walked back to Itachi's place and I looked at Lilith. "Want to come with me?" I asked, as she smiled and nodded. We walked to the intercom and I pressed Itachi's number. "Yeah?" said Itachi's voice. "It's me" I said, as the door buzzed and I opened the door. We walked onto the elevator and it started moving. It reached the top floor; Lilith and I paused seeing Kisame waiting for us. "We were beginning to think you ran away" chuckled Kisame, as I closed my eyes and walked by him. Lilith and I walked inside Itachi's apartment with Kisame behind us. We also saw Deidara and Konan who also arrived. "What the hell are you doing here? Un" shouted Deidara "I can go where ever I want it's a free country" said Lilith crossing her arms, as Deidara growled. I closed my eyes and I started walking. "Scarlet?" questioned Lilith, as I faked smiled at her. "I'm not feeling too good, I'm going to go lay down" I said, as she nodded. I walked to the bedroom and I closed the door behind me. I sat on the bed and lowered my eyes. I waited a few hours and then stopped as I heard something broke. I got up and opened the door. "She's going to be pissed at you" said Kisame chuckling. I walked out and my eyes widened seeing the vase broke on the ground and my flowers on the ground as well. "Uh Scarlet" said Lilith, as I lowered my head. "Everyone out" said Itachi, as I looked at him. "Seriously Itachi?" asked Kakuzu, as he glared at them. "He, he, he's serious" said Kisame, as everyone walked out of his apartment. Itachi picked up my flowers and put them in a new vase with water. "There" said Itachi, as I walked over and smelled the flowers. My eyes widened smelling blood. "Itachi" I said turning my head, but stopped seeing him not there. I walked down the hall and seeing the bathroom door open with the lights on. "Itachi... Ah Dog what the hell" I shouted, as he looked at me. Itachi had glass in his hand and it was dripping with blood. I ran over taking tweezers and held Itachi's hand. "Scarlet" he said, as I ignored him and took out the glass. He winced, as I pulled the glass out. I then wrapped his hand and tied the bandage in a knot. "Scarlet" he said again, as I closed my eyes. "Forget it... it's nothing" I said walking out, but Itachi grabbed my wrist and I glared at him. "Let me go" I shouted, but he grabbed my other wrist. "Scarlet you have to listen to me" he said, as I growled. "No I don't... let me go dog" I shouted, as I slipped back and Itachi tried helping me but fell forward. I winced from falling and Itachi was hovering over me. I tried getting out, but he pinned my wrist above my head. "Let me go" I shouted, as I paused when he put his forehead against mine. "I'm sorry" he wheezed, as I paused. "Really?" I asked, as he kissed my cheek. "I promise no more meaningless sex with random woman" he said, as I paused. "Why are you trying so hard?" I asked narrowing my eyes. He sighed and closed his eyes. "I think it's time I told you the truth about myself" he said. "Can we go sit down first?" I asked, as he nodded. We then walked towards the living room.

Itachi told me everything once we sat on the couch and I couldn't believe it at first. His whole life seemed like an impossible story. I thought he was pulling my leg, but then I remembered Itachi isn't the type of guy to make jokes. I looked at him and he glanced at me. "So what's going to happen now?" he asked, as I paused. "I don't know" I said, as he took my hands and I looked at him. "Can we try... going out?" he asked, as I blinked a few times. "Like on a date? Uh sure" I said, as he smirked. "Good" he said, as he leaned closer and I growled and pushed my foot to his chest. "Easy Dog breath I said a date not make out city" I said, as he smirked and leaned closer. "Hey stop it" I said, but he wasn't listening and leaned closer. "Damn dog stop it" I shouted, as he smirked and kissed my cheek. I blushed and eyed him. "Come on I'll make dinner" he said getting up. I nodded, walked to the bar stool, sat down, and looked at Itachi. "So you had a little brother?" I asked, as he paused. "Yeah" he said, as I smiled. "Was he a dog like you?" I asked, as he narrowed his eyes. "Kidding, kidding... it's just hard to picture you having a sibling" I said. "Is it?" he said taking out two plates. "Well yeah you don't seem like you care for things or emotions" I said, as he stopped and he walked over to me. I blushed as he cupped my face. "I care about you" he said, as my eyes widened. "You... what?" I said, as he leaned closer. I blushed debating whether to kick his ass or kiss his lips. "SCARLET" shouted a voice, as we stopped and turned our heads seeing Lilith and Deidara. "Hey" I said, as she crossed her arms and glared at Itachi. "Hey indeed, I got worried so I came back to see you and your trying to kiss him" she said, as I sighed and closed my eyes. "It got complicated" I said "Complicated?" she said, as I looked at Deidara. "Ask the girly boy" I said, as his eyes widened, as Lilith turned to Deidara. He growled towards Itachi "You opened your mouth didn't you?" asked Deidara, as Itachi ignored him. "What the hell is going on?" shouted Lilith, as I grabbed her hand and we both sat on a stool and looked at Itachi. "Tell her too... except you know... to the point" I said, as he sighed placing food in front of me and Lilith. We started to eat and Itachi also explained to Lilith where they came from. "This is too weird" said Lilith, as I ate more food. Deidara growled and crossed his arms. "Way to go blabber mouth now leader is going to kill us" said Deidara. "Not necessarily" I said, as Lilith looked at me. "What do you mean?" asked Lilith "Don't tell anyone" I said, as her eyes widened. "But Scarlet" she was about to say, as I closed my eyes. "Come on" I said pulling her hand and lead her to the bathroom. I closed the door once we walked in and looked at her. "Lilith... I want to marry Itachi" I said turning my head and her eyes widened. "What" she shouted, as I looked at her. "I know it seems weird... but he's trying for me to like him and I think I am... I want to be happy... but I can't do that if I don't trust him" I said, as Lilith narrowed her eyes. "Alright I'll try to like him... but I'm so not liking Deidara... yuck" she said, as I giggled and nodded.

To Be Continued...