Chapter 10 - Jewelry means nothing

Itachi had covered my eyes and started leading me somewhere. "Seriously dog if you try anything I'll kill you" I said, as he chuckled. "Don't worry, I promise you'll like it" he said, as I growled not convinced. "Ok, close your eyes" he said, as I paused. "Why?" I asked, as he sighed. "Come on, I have to lead you and I don't want the surprise ruined" he said, as I sighed and nodded. Itachi let his hands go and I had my eyes closed as he did. He took my hands and started leading me again. He then stopped and let my hands go. "Alright... you can open them now" he said, as I slowly opened my eyes and they widened seeing I was in a jewelry store. "Itachi what are we" I was about to say, but Itachi put a small box in front of my face. I looked at it and then looked at him. "Go on" he said placing the box in my hands. I opened it and my eyes widened. It was a golden ring and had carved baby's breath flowers with small diamonds in the middle of them. I took it out of the box and paused seeing an inscription. To my future wife. Love, Itachi. I blinked a few times and Itachi placed the ring on my marriage finger. "You like it?" he asked, as I didn't say anything. "Scarlet?" questioned Itachi, as I jumped up and kissed his lips. His eyes widened and then I stopped looking at him. I turned my head and blushed while avoiding eye contact. "Sorry" I said, as he tilted my chin. "I'm not" he whispered coming closer. I growled and pushed him away. "Don't even" I said, as he sighed and closed his eyes. "Shall we get ready for dinner than?" asked Itachi. I grabbed his hand and he looked at me shocked. I looked around and smiled at one necklace with a gold weasel on it. "Can I get this one please" I said, as the sales clerk nodded. I took out some money and then placed it around Itachi's neck. "There" I said smiling. He looked down at it and then looked at me. "I know your not the type to like rings... but I thought this would be nicer instead" I said, as he looked down and touched it. "I can get you something else if you don't like it" I said, as he cupped my face. "It's perfect" he whispered, as I smiled closing my eyes feeling the touch on my face. I don't know why I was feeling this way... I mean I knew Itachi was using me... but it has been such a long time since I've been happy. "Come on, let's go" he said, as I nodded and we walked towards the Italian restaurant.

We walked in the restaurant; we then saw Lilith growling and Deidara growling as well. "Where the hell have you been?" shouted Deidara, as Itachi closed his eyes and turned his head. Lilith eyes widened while looking at me. "Scarlet" she said, as I looked at her running towards me and she looked at my ring. "Oh my gosh, it's beautiful" she said, as I smirked closing my eyes. "What the hell have you become?" asked Deidara, as Itachi rolled his eyes. "Your table is ready" said a waiter, as we followed him and sat down. I sat next to Itachi again and Lilith sat next to Deidara. We looked at the menus and Itachi wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Easy dog boy or I'll put my fist down your throat" I said, as he smirked and closed his eyes. "Can you please not do that, I want to eat without throwing up" said Deidara. "Your just jealous because you can't commit" said Itachi, as I snorted covering my mouth. "What the hell did you say? Un" said Deidara, as Itachi smirked. "What too deaf to hear me the first time?" said Itachi, as Deidara stood up and Lilith growled. "Will the both of you knock it off, we're in public" said Lilith, as Deidara growled sitting down and I looked at Lilith crossing her arms. "Uh... Lilith come with me to the restroom" I said grabbing her wrist. We walked to the bathroom and I crossed my arms. "Alright what happened?" I asked, as she paused. "He gave me the father lecture" she said, as I paused. "What?" I asked, as she sighed. "One of the guys I was dating saw me with Deidara. The guy then grabbed me away from him. Deidara got pissed and picked a fight with the guy. The cops showed up and I had to use my skills to get out of it. Then Deidara gave me a lecture on why I shouldn't go out with so many guys" she said, as I laughed closing my eyes. "It's not funny" she said, as I stopped and put up my hands. "I'm sorry... it's just that I never thought that blonde idiot would do anything to help you... and he's actually trying to be responsible for you" I said, as Lilith paused and then she laughed. "Are you going to be ok now?" I asked, as she nodded. We were walking back to a table, but I looked seeing Konan and Hidan walking around a corner. "Uh, you go ahead... I'll catch up" I said, as she nodded walking away. I put my back against a wall and watched them from the other side of the corner. "Hidan... Itachi and Deidara are here we can't do this" said Konan, as my eyes widened and I took out a recorder from my pocket. After all never know when you need some criminating evidence. "Don't worry about them... they have their hands full... besides you know nobody can give it to you like I can" said Hidan, as my eyes widened and I put my other hand over my mouth. "But Hidan" said Konan "You want me to beg again?" asked Hidan, as I nearly fell backwards. If there wasn't a wall behind me I would have. "Come on, let's do this more privately" said Hidan, as I looked seeing them walk away. I was about to go follow them until a shadow came over me. I jumped pressing the stop recording button and looked seeing Itachi. "What are you doing?" he asked, as I hid the recorder back in my pocket. "Uh... nothing" I said, as he raised an eyebrow. "Scarlet... you feeling ok?" he asked, as I paused. If I told Itachi now then we wouldn't have to get married... but... I really want to get married to Itachi. "Yeah fine... just a bit light headed I guess" I said, as he held my hands. "Come on, let's take you home" he said. "Home?" I questioned, as he looked at me. "Yeah... our apartment... with the sky lights" he said, as I smiled nervously. "Right" I said, as we walked out of the restaurant. I saw Lilith and Deidara walking away. Itachi drove us back home and I looked at the ground. We made our way to the apartment and once inside I sat on the couch. Itachi sat down too and I was just looking at the floor. "What's wrong?" asked Itachi, as I paused looking to see he was inches to my face. "Uh, nothing why do you ask?" I said, as he took off his glasses and I blushed as he tilted my chin. "You haven't even noticed that I was sucking on your neck" he said, as my eyes widened and I covered my neck. "You were doing what?" I shouted, as he sighed. "Scarlet... I don't like it when you keep secrets from me" he said, as I narrowed my eyes. "How very ironic dog boy" I said, as he grabbed my hands and I glared at him. "Scarlet" he said. "I... saw something" I said turning my head. "Something?" questioned Itachi as I looked at him. I took out the recorder and played it. Itachi's eyes widened and he looked at me. He stopped the recorder and his eyes narrowed. "You knew I wanted dirt on Pein... why would keep this from me?" he asked, as I lowered my eyes. "I was thinking of myself" I said, as he stopped. "What?" he said, as I turned my head. "Forget it... it's stupid" I said taking off the ring and placed it on the table. "Night Itachi" I said getting up and walked to the bedroom. I got changed and covered my head with the sheets. Feels just like the first night I had to live here... but worse.

To Be Continued...