Chapter 11 - Sickness is the Best Love Medicine

The next day I got up and walked to the kitchen. I looked around seeing everything empty. No Itachi or soul in sight. I sighed closing my eyes and sat on the bar stool that was facing the kitchen counter. I paused as the phone rang. "Hello?" I answered, as I heard Lilith chuckling. "Hey did you and Itachi want to come and have a double date with Deidara and me again?" asked Lilith, as I smiled sadly. "Uh actually..." I was going to say, as she giggled. "Okay, I get it. We'll leave the two love birds alone bye" she said hanging up. I did the same and I closed my eyes. I walked out of the kitchen and got changed. I looked at the time on the wall clock. It's days like this where I would get up and run away... I would always run away... but I don't know what was holding me back. Maybe... I had to tell "her"... maybe I need to get it off my chest. I got up and walked out the door. I walked to the bus stop, got on the bus, and took a trip to the country side. I got off the bus and walked towards a graveyard. I walked down and stopped at a certain grave. I cleaned it up and smiled sadly. "Hi mom... I know it's not a celebration or anything... but I had no one else to talk to. Lilith has got a new guy... and I think she's sticking with him this time... Dad has gotten obsessed with work... and I... I kind of wrecked something that could have been the best thing of my life" I said touching the name on her grave. I sat there just thinking and then paused as rain fell on my head. I smiled sadly and then my own tears crawled down my face. "Scarlet" said Itachi, as I looked up at him. "Dog" I said, as I saw him growling at me. He slapped my face and my eyes widened. "Idiot... you had me worried sick" he said, as I blinked a few times. "What?" I said, as he sighed grabbing my left hand and placed the ring back on my finger. "Look, just because I got mad doesn't mean you have to go and run away" he said. "You... were worried about me" I said, as he sighed closing his eyes. "Well duh" he said, as I cried and hugged him. His eyes widened and he patted my head. "I'm sorry... I... I really want to be with you Itachi" I said, as he stopped and cupped my face. "You mean you want to be married to me?" he asked, as I nodded my head while closing my eyes. "I should have told you... but no time felt good enough and" I was about to say, but Itachi kissed my lips. My eyes widened. This kiss was different from before... it had passion, yearning... and love in it. Once we broke, I paused feeling different. "Scarlet" said Itachi, as I started feeling faint. "SCARLET" shouted Itachi, as I blacked out.

Once I opened my eyes, I looked seeing a doctor. "Ah, your awake" he said, as I shot up. "Take it easy... you have a fever... probably from stress the way your fiancé told me what happened" he said, as I stopped on the last remark. "Fiancé" I said, as he smiled. "Yes, don't worry... lay down and get some rest... I told him what he needs to do, I'll be back in a week to check up on you" said the doctor walking away. "Itachi" I said, as I saw him crossing his arms at the doorway. "That was pretty stupid not looking up the weather conditions for the country side" he said, as I lowered my head. He walked over, held my hands, and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry" I said, as he chuckled and laid next to me. "Get some sleep... I don't like this side of you it's scary" he said, as I slowly nodded my head. "Sorry" I said again, as Itachi tilted my chin and I looked at him. "Enough Scarlet, I will marry you ok... I promise you that" he whispered, as I smiled and fell asleep in his arms. When I woke up I looked outside seeing it was still dark. "Uh, did I only get two hours of sleep?" I asked looking at the wall clock. I slowly got up and soon felt myself really hot more so than normal. I walked out of the bedroom. "Itachi?" I questioned looking around, but everything was empty. "Itachi" I said again, but no answer. I growled clenching my fists. "DOG WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU" I shouted, as I soon stopped feeling hands on my arms. "Take it easy Scarlet, I was in the bathroom" said Itachi, as I turned around and saw Itachi half-naked wearing boxers. "You pervert" I said, as he sighed and put his hand on my forehead. "Your fever is still pretty high... go back to bed" he said, as I growled. "No" I said getting out of his grip and walked to the couch sitting on it. He sighed putting sweatpants on and walked over to me. "Scarlet" he said, as I growled. "No, I'm too hot" I said turning my head away from him. He sighed, leaned forward towards me, and tilted my chin towards him. "If I help cool you down will you go back to bed?" he asked, as I nodded. He got up and made his way to the kitchen. He took out some ice cubes and put them in a cloth. He walked back over to me and placed it like a mini sack on my head. I breathed heavily and closed my eyes. "Better?" asked Itachi, as I shook my head no. He took an ice cube out and placed it on my head. I gasped and I breathed heavier. Itachi then placed the ice on my neck and I gasped again while glancing at Itachi. "More" I managed to say, as he took more ice out of the mini sack and placed it on my neck again. I closed my eyes and just felt the coldness on my skin. I then moaned and slowly opened my eyes. "Ok... I'm good" I said getting up. I then looked at Itachi just kneeling by the couch where I was sitting. "Dog" I said, as he looked at me. "Everything ok?" I asked, as he closed his eyes. "Yeah... fine" he said, as I smirked. "Eh, the dog is attracted to me" I said smirking. However, I stopped, as Itachi grabbed my wrists. He then pulled me down to the floor. He was soon hovering over me and I blushed as he looked into my eyes. "Don't start" he whispered. "Why?" I asked, as he came close to my neck. He then licked my neck and then started sucking on it as well. "Dog what the hell" I said breathing heavily. "When can I have you?" he whispered, as I stopped and looked at him shocked. "I couldn't push him off or fight back... my fever was getting the better of me. "I can't" I said, as he stopped and looked at me worried.  "Scarlet" he said, as I cupped his face and I slowly closed my eyes.

To Be Continued...