Puppy Love (Part 8)

Play Music:

Eric's P.O.V.

I walked in after her and was about to head upstairs but my mother shouted my named. "Yes!?", I say as I walked to her.

She handed me the phone and it was Ms. Richardson telling me that lovely was in labor, when she told me what hospital I jetted out the house before getting in my car and speeding off; when I got to the hospital, I ran inside to the front desk and they lead me right back there; Lovely was sweating and trying to catch her breath as her mother rubbed her forehead with a wet rag.

"Hey", I say before walking to her.

"Its coming, push!!", The doctor shouts.

Lovely quickly grabbed my hand and started pushing, the harder she pushed the tighter her grip got on my hand.

"Ohh god!!", Lovely shouts.

"Its okay, you're doing good just keep pushing", I say as I rubbed her face.

The doctor finally picked up our baby and cleaned her off, I smiled before sitting next to Lovely and gently rubbing her face.

"You did good Love", I say as I watched her catch her breath.

The nurse brought our baby over and laid her in Lovely's arms. "Oh my god she's beautiful", She laughed.

"Of course she is", I chuckled.

"After a good 25 minutes", Lovely finally let me hold her, I smiled at how much she looked like me and had Lovely's eyes.

"Boy you do not know how to hold a baby", Her mother says as she laughed and positioned the baby in my arms correctly.

That night I slept at the hospital with Lovely and our baby Lay'lani, having her in my arms brought a feeling like nothing I've ever felt before; the next day after a couple hours Lovely was able to leave the hospital, we left back to Lovely's parents house and got Lay'lani settle into her bedroom.

"She's sleep", Lovely says before sitting down on the couch.

"Coo", I say before leaning back.

"How does it feel?", She asked.

"What?"

"Having a daughter"

I smirked. "I knew I was ready", I answer.

She chuckled, "It takes more then a day in a half to know you're ready, to be honest... This is the easy part."

"Whatever I gotta do, imma do it for her no matter what, the same for you.. Even if we're not together", I say as I looked in her eyes.

She smiled, "We'll see."

"Breaking news, 3 black males were gunned down last night around 10 PM on Compton Blvd",  I quickly leaned up as my neighborhood showed on the television screen with yellow tape and police cars everywhere.

"The men were identified to be Reggie Daniels, Taj Wright and Darren Edwards; witnesses say that one of the men were somehow involved with the shooter and at some point things went haywire. The shooter was unidentified and unexpectedly  opened gun fire; Reggie Daniels and Darren Edwards were fatally injured in the crossfire but Taj Wright is said to be in critical condition."

I looked down and saw that my pager was missing, I completely forgot about the run I had to do with Taj; I quickly got up and ran to the door.

"Eric what's wrong", Lovely shouts.

"That's my fuckin cousin", I yell before running to my car, getting in and pulling off to the hospital.

I sat in the waiting room with my brother and Taj's other siblings for hours waiting anxiously hoping that he was okay, I was supposed to go with him but I forgot about everything because of Lovely going into labor; I told him I wouldn't fuckin forget. The doctor slowly walked into the waiting and towards us before sitting down next to me.

• 1 Hour Later

I quietly walked into the home of Lovely's parents before sitting my keys down on the counter and walking into the dark Living room, I took off my jacket and and sat down as I rubbed my face. My eyes slowly watered and my breathing got heavier, my cousin gone because of me... How do you forget about family? I should have called and said I couldn't make it or something..

I tried to calm down but it hurt, Taj was like an older brother to me; we grew up together and spent the most time with each other.. And now the next time I see him, I'll be saying goodbye for good. I silently cried as I held the top of my shirt over my face before feeling someone sit next to me.

"Its okay", I hear Lovely say as she gently pulled me in her arms.

"It's my fault", I say as I buried my face in her shoulder.

She rubbed my back, "No it's not, what happened last night was not your fault."

"I should have been there for him."

"But you were with your new born daughter",  She says as she looked at me.

She continued, "Stop blaming yourself."

I tried to stop blaming myself but it's obvious that it was my fault and I know my family knows it to..

More next up, lol this is basically a short story 😂😂 P.S. I love me some Reggae music yall 😍🎶