Chapter 4

*Adrien's POV*

I can't believe it, Adrien thought, Ladybug was the one who wanted to do the face reveal and I didn't even have to ask her. I wonder who she is behind the mask, maybe I even know her in real life!

Adrien marked his calendar to Saturday, the day that would change everything. There was a knock on his door and Adrien walked over finding himself looking at Natalie. 

"Adrien, it's time to go to school, you're almost late," Natalie said, gesturing for Adrien to go out of his room. Adrien facepalmed, today was the day that he and Max were going to try out for the video game competition.

Adrien immediately ran out of his room and ran to the limo, he couldn't be late.

* * *

*Marinette's POV*

Marinette ran into the school building, only to find the hallways empty. I wonder where everyone is, she thought as she looked around.

Marinette suddenly heard voices coming from the school's library and ran inside. She saw Alya recording something. "Whats going on, Alya?" she asked, suddenly noticing Adrien and Max playing video games.

"Tryouts for the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike lll tournament! The school sends the two students with the highest scores!" Rose answered. "Actually, the tryouts offer a partner to team up with Max in the tournament." Kim interrupted.

"Why Max?" Marinette asked, wanting to know more. "Cause he's unbeatable!" Kim said. Marinette looked over to see Adrien was playing with Max.

"Alya, I HAVE to join, Adrien's there," Marinette said, almost squealing. "You go for it, girl" Alya said, still filming. Marinette walked up to the game, which was just finished. "Um, can I try out?" she asked, trying not to look at Adrien.

"Sure," Max said, as he handed Marinette the controller. Marinette took the controller from Max and sat down. She sneaked a peek at Adrien, her crush, as he waited for the game to start.

"3...2...1 Go!" Marinette and Adrien rushed to gain the most points. Marinette attacked Adrien's character, pushing him down a few points. The two played back and forth, each gaining more and more points.

Suddenly Marinette used a special move and beat Max's high score, she never noticed and still went higher. 

*Adrien's POV*

Adrien looked over at Marinette who had beaten Max's score. Her score was getting very high, almost as high as his score as Chat Noir. Suddenly Marinette had beaten Chat Noir's score, still going higher.

Adrien looked over at the girl, he had never suspected that she was THIS good at playing, in fact, she was too good. Adrien made a few moves, but couldn't defeat Marinette. 

In a flash, the game was over. Adrien looked over at Marinette and held out a hand, "Nice job," he said. Marinette scratched the back of her head, "Job nice," she said, then quickly turned red, "I mean nice job too, A-Adrien."

Adrien ignored the gaping faces of everyone else who were all surprised that Marinette had such a high score, she even beat Ladybug's high score. 

It was kind of odd, though, Adrien thought, Cause Ladybug and I have the highest scores in all of Paris and Marinette beat both of us. And she used the same moves Ladybug usually used...