Chapter 29

***I do not own the picture above

*Marinette's POV*

It was the Wednesday of the school dance and Marinette found herself getting nervous. "Alya, are you sure this dress looks good on me? What about the shoes? The headband?"

"You worry too much, girl," Alya said on the video chat. "You'll be fine. You look amazing!"

"Really?" Marinette said. "Don't you 'really?' me," Alya said. "Your dress looks amazing and we both know it."

"Your dress looks great too, Alya!" Marinette said, feeling the need to compliment her friend's dress. "That's because you made it," Alya said, pretending to playfully punch Marinette in the shoulder from the other side of the phone.

"We're gonna be late, Alya!" Marinette said, panicking. "What if he goes to the dance without me! Or even worse, he goes with Chloe!"

"Worrywart," Alya said. "Fine, I'm a worrywart. Happy?" Marinette said. Suddenly a voice came in from downstairs. "Marinette, Adrien is here!"

"Gotta go, Alya," Marinette said. "See you at the dance!" Alya smiled, "See you at the dance, worrywart."

Alya quickly hung up and Marinette found herself running down the stairs. "Hi, Adrie-" Her words got cut off as she found herself falling down the stairs.

Adrien immediately caught her. "I guess you fell at my feet, M'Lady," Marinette blushed. "And I guess you caught a ladybug. Does it look pretty?"

Adrien helped her to her feet. "You look beautiful, Marinette. Did you make your dress? It's really pretty. Just like everything else you make."

Marinette turned a deep shade of red. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Adrien Agreste definitely knows how to be charming, that's for sure.

"Y-Yes, I made it a few days ago before the whole you falling asleep while asking me to the dance thing," Marinette said with a smile. "You're never letting that go, are you?" Adrien asked. 

"Never letting it go," Marinette said. "Maybe I should play a certain Frozen song for you. That might convince you." Adrien said grinning.

"Play it," Marinette said with a smirk. "Just because other people ruined the song by playing it too much, doesn't mean that it's ruined for me."

Adrien smiled. "That's my Marinette," Marinette started blushing again. Why does he have to do this to me? Wait a minute... he complimented me... but I never complimented him in return. I should probably do that.

She looked up and down at Adrien. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a green tie. It matches his eyes... 

"Adrien, you look purr-fect," Marinette said with a smile. "Where did you get that tie though? It's the exact color of your eyes."

Adrien turned red a bit. He was as new to the whole compliment thing as she was. "Thanks, Marinette." He said. "As you probably know, stores don't sell ties in this color. A few months earlier, I went to a tie shop and didn't find the right tie. Turns out, Plagg and his girlfriend started working there after the Gaming convention. Tikki got the tie specially made for me."

"A few months earlier?" Marinette said. "I like to plan things ahead of time," Adrien said. "Like how I changed the time on your phone to think that you were going to be late to the dance when we actually had thirty minutes left."

"Wait, what?!" Marinette said. "Why in the world would you do that?" Adrien smiled. "I have to re-meet your parents and experience the don't-kill-my-daughter speech. Then it'll take about ten minutes for us to get to the school."

"You're saying that this whole speech is going to take us twenty minutes!" Marinette said with a groan. "No," Adrien said. "The speech is going to be ten minutes long because we spent about ten minutes here just complimenting each other."

"You really like to time things, don't you?" Marinette said. "Indeed I do," Adrien said with a smile. "Now let's see your parents."

Marinette beckoned Adrien to follow her into the back room of the bakery where her parents were making some French fruit tarts.

"Maman, Papa, Remember how I told you both that Adrien was going to take me to this dance? Here he is." Marinette said, beckoning Adrien to come forward.

"Adrien!" said Sabine. "Thank you so much for taking Marinette with you to the dance. I knew you two were the perfect pair." 

"No, thank you for having such a wonderful daughter," Adrien replied, slightly red. "Well?" Sabine said, questioningly.

"Well, what?" Marinette said, confused. "Well, you should probably go to the dance instead of talking to us. This is your night!" Sabine said with a smile.

Tom smiled. "Have a fun time at the dance!"

"We sure will, Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng," Adrien said with a smile, walking out of the room. He turned to Marinette, "That did not go how I expected it to,"

"Maman and Papa are not overprotective, Adrien," Marinette said. "You've got to stop thinking that reality is a tv drama."

"That's for sure," Adrien muttered under his breath. "Well, let's go to the dance!"

"Wait a minute," Marinette said. "You said it would take ten minutes to get there. Maman and Pap talked for a short time so it would be-"

"Twenty minutes," Adrien said, cutting her off. "Just the amount of time we need." Marinette looked at him, confused. "The amount of time for what exactly?"

"To go to school the long way. The long way has lots of beautiful sights," Adrien said. "None of them as beautiful as you, of course."

"Stop that!" Marinette said, turning red. "Why do we even have to go the long way?"

"To talk," Adrien stated. "The key to any kind of relationship is talking. How did you become friends with Alya? By talking to her. You and I never really talked if you know what I mean."

"Okay," Marinette said. "We should probably start walking now." Adrien held open the door. "After you, My Lady," Marinette walked out the door and that's when Adrien started talking.

"So... where do we start?" Adrien asked, making a random gesture with his hand. That's when Marinette noticed his ring. "Let's start with where you got your ring from. I've never seen you wear it before. "

"Oh, this?" Adrien said, walking alongside her. "It's complicated. This ring is what made me become Chat Noir. And it's all because of a man named Master Fu. "

A/N: It's going to be harder for me to be to update because of school starting. But I'll try my best. I was originally going to make this chapter longer, but I have to work on my other book as well.

What do you think about Adrinette? Will something go wrong? Do I even have the guts to do something evil again? I'd like to know what you think! 

~GreekMythology17