Chapter 10

*Marinette's POV*

Marinette stood on the stage, facing the opposite direction Chat Noir was facing. They stood facing opposite sides, still not knowing the other's identity. The stage was pitch black and no one could see a thing, so no one knew her secret yet.

Marinette took in a deep breath and spoke into the mic within the headset she was given. "You all may know me as Ladybug, that brave hero you all hear on Youtube. I am still Ladybug, but I'm just a little bit of something else too."

"In fact, Chat Noir would probably faint from shock if he knew who I was," Marinette said, earning a slight protest from Chat Noir. "Whoever I may be, just know that Ladybug is always there."

She heard Chat Noir speak into his mic, it bothered her how she couldn't look at his face, couldn't see the face of her partner.

"Everyone calls me Chat Noir, but you shouldn't call me that, instead, you should call me Mr. Handsome," Chat Noir said, earning a laugh from everyone. 

He made a few more jokes, earning more laughs from the audience and a few from Marinette as well. Marinette suddenly heard a beep in her headset, it was time

"Enough jokes," Chat said, "It's time for you all to die of shock! Well, not die, because Ladybug would die and then I would be eternally miserable. But, I guess you guys know what I mean." he said, and that's when the lights turned on.

*Adrien's POV*

Adrien's eyes adjusted to the bright light and looked at those seated in front of him. There were so many people gasping that he could barely hear.

Some people were pointing at him and Ladybug who was still behind him. It bothered him that he was going to see who Ladybug was last, but at least he still got the chance to see her.

Adrien heard a beep from his headset and knew it was time. He slowly turned around and found himself staring into familiar bluebell eyes.

*Marinette/Ladybug's POV*

Marinette turned around to find herself staring into green eyes. They were the same green eyes she looked at every day in her room, they belonged to her high school crush, they belonged to Adrien Agreste.

Adrien, Marinette thought, Chat Noir is Adrien. Her heart started beating faster, Adrien is Chat Noir, she tried again in her head, trying to process the words.

Black fog began to consume the corners of her vision, and Marinette felt her legs shaking. She saw Adrien's mouth forming words, and that was the last thing she saw before the darkness engulfed her.