Chapter 12

*Marinette's POV*

Marinette walked into her room after convincing Adrien that she was fine even though she actually wasn't. Her parents had also had gone to some convention in another country in the morning, and they were going to be gone for a week.

She didn't feel alright and knew that she should probably check to make sure was actually fine. Marinette looked around her room for a thermometer and found one in one of her drawers. She ran into her bathroom and washed the thermometer. Marinette stuck the thermometer in her mouth and waited.

The thermometer beeped and Marinette nearly jumped. She took it out of her mouth and was surprised at the results. 104 Farenheight (40 Celsius), she thought, she was pretty sick.

Marinette suddenly felt a headache once more, and she groaned. Marinette, trying to steady herself, went to her bed, and pulled the covers over herself.

Marinette was not stupid to think that she could take care of herself with a high fever, no she definitely wasn't. She picked up her phone, calling the person she trusted the most, Alya Cesaire.

*Alya's POV*

Alya was pretty worried about Marinette during the face reveal, after all, her crush was the person she was talking to the entire time! When Marinette had fainted, she got even more worried.

Alya tried to go to her but was blocked by the crowd. Alya later went home, knowing that Marinette would eventually be alright because Adrien would be the one helping her.

Alya's thoughts got interrupted by a call. Alya picked it up to see that it was Marinette. "Hi, girl!" Alya said, "Are you alright after the whole, my crush is Chat Noir thing?"

"Actually, no," Marinette said, causing Alya to get worried. "Did he hurt you?" Alya questioned, "Cause if he did, I swear-"

Alya was cut off by Marinette, "No, no, Alya. It was nothing like that," Marinette said. "Then what is it?" Alya asked. "Um..." Marinette said, " I may or may not have a high fever and need someone to... well...be there,"

Alya gasped, "I'll come right away!" she said, turning off the phone. Suddenly, Alya had a brilliant idea. In fact, it was an amazing idea.

Alya grinned, it wasn't her who was going to look out for Marinette, it was going to be a green-eyed friend of hers.

*Adrien's POV*

Adrien was home, bored. It was the first day of Spring Break and the reveal was already over.

He was still surprised that Ladybug was Marinette though, but he accepted it. He couldn't believe that he didn't notice that Marinette stood up for her friends, faced her enemies, and made things right, just like Ladybug did.

His thoughts suddenly went back to his boredom. Nino had gone somewhere with his family for a day, and his dad went to a business meeting, he had literally nothing to do.

His phone suddenly rang and Adrien hurried to pick it up, it was Alya. "Hi Alya," he said, "Why did you call me?"

He heard Alya's voice, which sounded quite smug, "Marinette has a fever," Alya said, "And nobody's home to take care of her,"

Adrien was worried, "Why can't you go?" he asked. Alya immediately responded, "I have to go... take care of my siblings," she said. "So the only person who can help take care of her is..."

"Me," Adrien said, growing more concerned about his lady. "So, are you going to go there or just stay home?" Alya questioned.

"I'm going," Adrien said, then looked back at his phone. Alya had ended the call. Adrien looked out the window, to see clouds blocking the bright sun, it could be raining at any point today.

Adrien ran out of his room, calling for his bodyguard, "I need a ride," he said. Gorilla appeared, eating a turkey sandwich, "Where to?" Gorilla said, in his rough voice.

Adrien smiled, "To the Tom and Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie."