Chapter 20

*Marinette's POV*

Marinette walked over to Adrien's mansion, pressing on the intercom. "It's um, Adrien's friend, Marinette," She said awkwardly, waiting for the gate to open. She still wasn't used to whole intercom thing.

"Alright, you may enter," Natalie said through the intercom. Marinette walked inside to find herself looking up at two cold, blue eyes.

"Ah, Miss Marinette," said Gabriel Agreste, "What are you doing in my home?"

"I um..." Marinette didn't know what to say, it was kind of awkward speaking to your crush's parent, especially if you never met them before.

Adrien walked in, putting a hand on her shoulder, "She's with me, Father," He replied.

"Alright, Adrien," Gabriel Agreste said. "Just make sure you are done in an hour," With that, Adrien's father left the room.

"Let's go start that video," Adrien said, heading into his room. Marinette followed after him. Upon entering the room, she looked at it one more time, it really was huge. Very huge to be a fact. 

Her thoughts got interrupted when Adrien handed her a headset, a ladybug themed one to be exact. "Is this for me?" Marinette asked, looking at the headset in awe.

Adrien chuckled, "Of course it is, in fact, you can keep it. It's custom made, I have one of my own."

"Thanks," Marinette said. "What does your look like?"

Upon her saying that Adrien took out another headset. It was green and black, with cat ears on it.

"Of course," Marinette said, "Of course."

Adrien put the headset on, "Let's start this video, My lady,"

"You bet," She said, putting on her headset as well.

* * *

*Adrien's POV*

After having a tie, again, Marinette had to leave. Adrien walked her to the gate when suddenly, he realized something. "Marinette! I forgot about the whole black kitten thing!"

Marinette looked back at him in confusion. "Remember?" Adrien asked. "The teacher asked me to bring my kitten that I don't have, to school with me!"

Marinette started laughing, "Well, you deserved it!"

"I'm being serious, I actually need to get one," 

"Alright, alright, there's a place I know..."

Adrien followed Marinette and after a couple minutes of walking, she stopped, at a pet store. She stepped inside, and Adrien did the same.

He looked around at the place in awe, there were tons of animals, different kinds. 

Marinette looked at him with an amused look on her face. "You look like you've never been in a pet store," She said.

"I haven't," Adrien replied. "Oh," was all Marinette said. There was silence for a few seconds until she spoke again. "Hey! Let's go get that kitten of yours!"

And with that, Marinette grabbed his arm, going through aisles and aisles, until she found just the place where the kittens were being held.

She pointed to one that was white, "What about that one?" She asked him. Adrien shook his head. "I told her it was black, fully black."

Marinette looked around, suddenly having a smile on her face. "Look!" She said, picking up a black kitten with green eyes. "Is this what you were looking for?"

"Exactly!" Adrien exclaimed, taking the kitten from Marinette's hands. He looked at the kitten seriously. "You are my legacy, you are the one."

Marinette rolled her eyes. "What are you gonna name her?" 

"I have no idea," Adrien replied. 

"Hmm..." Marinette said in thought. "What about Shadow?"

"Uncreative," was Adrien's immediate response. "Why don't you try a name?" Marinette asked him.

Adrien stared at the kitten thinking of a name. "I think Estelle is a pretty good name..."

"Estelle?" Marinette said. "Yes," Adrien replied. "It's a pretty unique name and comes from the Latin word for star. This kitten reminds me of the night, the night stars."

"Okay, then," Marinette said, "Estelle it is,"

The two paid for the black kitten and parted ways, both going home. "Bye Adrien," Marinette said, waving at him. "Goodbye to you too, Marinette," Adrien replied. 

He walked back home, realizing that there was a problem. His father.

Adrien tiptoed back into his room, locking the door. He set the little kitten down onto the small bed he bought for her.

Suddenly he heard his father knock on the door. He looked around, then put the kitten in his bathroom, closing the door. He left the sink on just in case the kitten made any noise.

Adrien opened the door. "Yes, father?" 

"In four days, you're going to have a big photoshoot. I'm expecting that you act properly." His father said.

"Yes, father," Adrien replied, seeing his father go out of the room. He locked the door again, going back into his bathroom to get Estelle.

He picked up the kitten in his arms and set her down onto the floor. He hated photoshoots and now he was going to have a big one in four days.

Four days? Wait a minute... Adrien thought, looking at his calendar. Oh no, he thought, as realization dawned on him. The photoshoot was on the same day as the City-Wide Gaming Contest.