Chapter 14

*Adrien's POV*

Adrien woke up and looked around. This wasn't his room. He suddenly remembered where he was the other night, with his lady.

"You're such a great friend, Marinette. I don't know what I could do without you."  Adrien remembered himself say the other night. 

But what he really wanted to say was, "You're such a great person, Marinette. That's why I love you." 

He never had the courage to say that, how could he? Did Marinette/Ladybug love him back?

Adrien and Marinette were both leaning against the wall of her room while sitting on the bed. He suddenly noticed a weight on his shoulder and looked to his right. Marinette was sleeping on it. She looked so peaceful and so calm while she slept. 

Adrien suddenly remembered Marinette's condition. He felt her forehead, she felt fine. She must be better. Adrien tried to move, but Marinette snuggled closer to him.

He felt like he was going to die. Never in his life, he would have imagined that Ladybug would be sleeping on his shoulder. He felt so weird, feeling like he could have a heart attack any second.

He looked around, finding nothing else to do. Marinette's computer was still on, and so was his video.

Right now, there were soft noises on the computer, but sooner or later hissing noises would come and that's when Marinette would wake up.

Adrien looked at the computer screen and waited. 3...2...1...

*Marinette's POV*

"HISSSSSS!!!!"

Marinette heard a loud noise and jumped awake, smacking Adrien in the face with her arm.

"OW! What was that for, Princess?" Adrien asked, rubbing the spot on his face where Marinette had hit him. Adrien's Chat Noir side had appeared.

Marinette rubbed her eyes, yawning. "It's that cat video of yours," she said. "That hissing noise scared me and woke me up."

"Don't worry, Princess," Adrien said. "If something else scares you, I'll be there to protect you. I'll be your knight in shining armor."

Marinette blushed, never had she imagined that Adrien would ever say that. She immediately responded, "I don't need a knight in shining armor. I can protect myself."

"If you don't need a knight in shining armor," Adrien said. "Then you at least need a prince."

"No, I don't," Marinette said. Adrien responded again, "Every beautiful princess needs a prince, even if they don't know it."

Me, beautiful? Marinette thought, blushing, her whole face red. Adrien noticed and started laughing. 

How Marinette just wanted to kill Alya for doing all this to her. But at the same time, she also wanted to thank Alya for getting her closer to Adrien.  

*Adrien's POV*

"Guess my flirting finally made you blush," Adrien said with a smirk.

Marinette suddenly spoke, changing the topic. "I'll um... turn off the cat noise video. It's annoying." She sat up and walked towards her computer.

"Cats? Annoying?" Adrien said as Marinette moved her computer mouse, about to close the cat video. But Adrien had a plan.

"Princess?" Adrien asked, and saw Marinette turn around. "What?" she asked.

"This," Adrien said, jumping off the bed and grabbing the wireless mouse from her. Marinette tried grabbing the mouse back from him, but Adrien was holding it too high.

Marinette gave up and sat on her bed, her head in her hands. "Princess?" Adrien asked worriedly, going towards her. "Are you alright?"

"Peachy," Marinette said and grabbed the computer mouse, closing the "annoying" cat video.

"Not fair," Adrien said, sitting down. "It is fair if you think about it," Marinette said, "You used your height against me and I used your goodness against you." 

"Whatever," Adrien said, suddenly realizing something. "Um...Marinette?" He asked, his Adrien side returning.

"What?" Marinette asked, probably wondering why he stopped calling her "Princess".

"I just realized that when we both fell asleep last night... that I left Gorilla in the limo waiting for me," Adrien said, sheepishly.

"What?!" Marinette said, "Adrien, you better go to see what happened to him." 

Adrien looked at her, "Well, I don't want to be in the way if he actually fell asleep. I'll just text Nathalie to tell him to leave or something."

"Scardy-cat," Marinette said, sticking out her tongue. Adrien had no comeback and just ignored the comment.

"Whatever," He said, texting Nathalie that he accidently fell asleep at a friend's house.

Adrien immediately got a text back from Nathalie reprimanding him for not telling her sooner and that he was late for a photo shoot.

"Marinette!" Adrien exclaimed. "I'm late for a photo shoot!" Adrien hurriedly climbed down the ladder that led to Marinette's room with Marinette following him. 

Adrien went out of the restaurant and Marinette stopped by the restaurant door.

"Bye, Adrien," she said, waving at him. 

The wind blew at her pigtails, making them blow to the left. Adrien suddenly noticed her pajamas. They were cat-themed, the main colors black and green.

"Bye, Marinette," Adrien replied, and then turned around, his back facing her.

"Love your pajamas by the way," He said with a smirk, and looked back to see the girl blushing. Seeing Marinette and her Ladybug side was truly amazing.

And with that, he ran towards his limo, thinking about when he would see her again.