Chapter 25

*Adrien's POV*

Marinette paced back and forth across the room nervously looking back at the television multiple times to see the results. He chuckled, shaking his head. She got way too nervous.

Suddenly he heard a shriek and looked up from his seat to discover Marinette jumping up and down, squealing.

He jumped out of his seat and ran over to where she was. "We won! We won! We won!" Marinette said with excitement.

He looked up to see their faces on the screen. "We did win, My Lady!"

Marinette grabbed his hand as they both looked up at the screen with proud looks on their faces. We actually did it, we won.

"I can't believe it!" Marinette said. Adrien looked at her with a smile. "Believe it, Bugaboo. This is the universe telling us we have to get married,"

"Adrien!" Marinette said, annoyed. Adrien looked up at the screen to see Alec was about to enter their room. "Here comes my favorite person..." He muttered sarcastically.

Alec opened the door and looked up at them. "Looks like we have our winners, folks! Ladybug and Chat Noir have won! Congratulations Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste! You will move forward to compete!"

Alec picked up a trophy from the tables, heading toward them. He then pressed a button, causing the two trophies to split in half. Adrien looked over to his side to see Marinette squealing inside.

Wait... the trophies split in half... that reminds me of something... the Hunger Games! The two winners got a crown that split int two smaller crowns! That must be it!

Adrien shook the thoughts out of his head and took the trophy from Alec, shaking his hand. He looked at Marinette to see that she did the same.

"Winners, what do you have to say for the others who will have to compete with you next year?" Alec said.

Next year? We could barely handle this year! And I probably might murder Alec next year!

"Believe in yourself and your partner!" Marinette said. "The better you are as a team, the more likely you are to win!"

Wait... she just said that we're a great team...WE'RE GETTING MARRIED! 

"Chat Noir?" Alec said. "Got anything to say??"

"Yes, in fact, I do have something to say," Adrien said. "Good luck to all those competing with us next year!"

Good luck... Marinette's my good luck... That sounded cheesy... 

Marinette looked at him and smiled shyly. Shyly... WHY IS SHE SMILING AT ME LIKE THAT?

She leaned over and pecked him on the cheek.

BEST DAY EVER!!!! I WILL NOT Forget THIS DAY! I'm gonna scrapbook this! I'll head home and just take a picture of this moment from the show when it reruns again! Okay... I sound crazy...

"There you have it! Our two lucky winners! Come back to watch again next year!" Alec exclaimed.

And that's when the lights turned off.

Adrien heard a shriek and turned around. It was pitch black. But he knew who the shriek belonged to, Marinette.

"Marinette!" Adrien called out, waving his hands at the spot where Marinette was. "Marinette!"

Suddenly a paper was shoved into his hand. He tried to grab the arm of whoever gave him it but failed.

"Marinette!" He called out again. He heard the perpetrator run away and followed him. He couldn't see, but that didn't stop him from hearing the man's footsteps. The man suddenly turned a corner and Adrien crashed into a wall.