Chapter 17

*Adrien's POV*

Adrien couldn't believe it, the next day was school. His first time having school since officially being known as Chat Noir. His father was also coming back along with Marinette's parents.

He remembered the other night when he and Ladybug had gotten a tie after doing several rounds of a game. 

It was pretty hilarious because they played a bunch of random games and when they counted how many times each of them had won, it had been a tie.

Adrien heard someone knock on his bedroom door, bringing him out of his thoughts. "Come in," He said, to find that it was Nathalie.

Nathalie handed him a letter. "This envelope was in the mail," She simply said and left the room. Adrien looked at the envelope curiously and opened it.

Dear Adrien Agreste (A.K.A Chat Noir),

You along with your partner, Marinette Dupain-Cheng (A.K.A Ladybug), have been selected to compete in the Paris City-Wide Gaming Event.The event will be held in the Bourgeois home in one week from your reveal. The entry fee has already been paid off by fans. It would be very satisfying if you could come.

Sincerely,

The Paris City-Wide Gaming Committee

Adrien couldn't believe it. It was too good to be true. He reread the letter twice. He had to meet up with Marinette right away.

He looked back at the sofa, remembering the other day he was playing video games with Ladybug. It was amazing. In fact, that video got them so many views, it was their highest number of views yet.

Suddenly, Adrien spotted something sticking out from the sofa and walked towards it, curious. He grabbed the red object and looked at it. It was a miniature Ladybug plushie.

Seriously? He thought, She brought a Ladybug plushie here and I never noticed? Adrien had a photo memory, well, not really. He only had a photo memory of things Ladybug related. 

Marinette was wearing a light grey-black blazer, flats, a white shirt with floral designs, and pink capris. She also had her pigtails tied with red ties. So, how could he not have seen this?

It must have been in her purse, he thought, mentally facepalming. His mind suddenly when back on what he was going to do, visit Marinette. Adrien walked the door that led to his bedroom, letter and plushie in one hand as he opened the door.

Adrien smiled, it was time to visit his lady once more and even better, tease her about the Ladybug plushie. Yup, he got everything planned. 

Mission: Talk to Ladybug about the letter, flirt with her, and annoy her to death. 

This cat's got it all in the bag, Adrien thought, calling out to Nathalie that he was leaving. He just couldn't want to see his Bugaboo.

* * *

*Marinette's POV*

"Marinette!" Marinette's mother called out from the bakery, "You got mail!"

Marinette climbed down her ladder, going to the bottom floor as quickly as she could. Her mother, Sabine, and her father, Tom, had returned home early morning and Marinette couldn't help but be glad. It was annoying being alone. But at least I had Adrien to hang out with, she thought and then blushed.

Marinette looked at the envelope in her mom's hand and took it. "Thanks for telling me, mom!" "Your welcome," Her mother chirped back, waving at a customer who just came in.