Chapter 35

~Ally's POV~

Walking into the Hospital with Emily in my arms, and Danielle by my side brings back the memories. The ones that I wish I could forget. The ones that were the worst experience in my life. Having to wait, with not so much information to know if she was okay. If Emily was alright. I'm not sure if i'll be able to go through this again.

...

"Lester Dawson's room?"Danielle asks the receptionist, once we make our way up to the front desk.

"You must be his daughters? I'm sure i've seen you girls before."She gives us a smile, before looking back down and typing into her computer. "Room 34 B ladies."

I nod, and Danielle says a quick 'thank you', before we both walk to the elevator.

Ding.

The elevator rings, notifying us that the elevator was here, making my head shoot up just as the doors open up.

The elevator wasn't crowded. Just a doctor, that was actually getting off right now.

Once we step into the elevator and the doors close, Danielle begins talking.

"God, I hope dad's ok."

"Me too. What did mom say happened, again?"I ask, forgetting what she said before, when we were in the house.

"I told you, I was too busy with Tanner, I wasn't really paying attention."She reminds me.

"Wait. What do you mean by 'too busy with Tanner'? What were you two doing?"

"Well, uh-"Danielle starts, but she's cut off by the sound of the elevator doors opening.

I could tell that she didn't want to answer the question, and she was probably silently praying that i'd drop this, but I can't. I need to know what they were too busy doing. I can't just let Danielle get hurt again, no matter how much she loves Tanner and wants to make things work. I just can't see either of them go through this again.

I sigh, stepping out of the elevator with Emily, making my way to room 34 B.

...

Opening the door slowly, I peek inside the room. Emily was by my side, and I was holding her tiny hand, whilst Danielle was standing behind me.

"Go in, Ally!"Danielle whisper-screams.

"Ok, ok jeez"I say, walking fully in.

"Girls?"My mom says, lifting her head up from her phone. She was in one of the chairs, that sat in the corner of the Dad's hospital room. "What are you doing here?"

"We heard that Dad was in the hospital, so we rushed her as fast as possible."I explain.

"Why would you do that?"My mom's face filled with confusion as she places her phone in her back pocket. "I called and told Danielle that we'd probably be home late, since Dad had to come to the hospital. I didn't say you have to come."

"Yeah, i'm fine girls. I just hurt my back while I was at the lawyer's office trying to pick up a pen from the floor."Dad informs us.

"Sound's like you're getting old."Danielle chuckles.

"I said the same thing."Mom laughs. "But turns out, he's been already having back problems for days, and just haven't been telling anyone."She gives him a look.

"The doctor says it could be because of the car accident. So i'm gonna have to get some X-Rays on my back and stuff."My dad explains.

"So, you girls can go home, and we'll be back after the X-Rays, or whenever they release him, ok?"My Mom says.