Chapter 45

this is in third person okai? okai.

oh and it's the last chapter wOW
--

Ally packed her last pair of clothes into her purple suitcase before zippering it up.

It had to be about 12 in the morning right now, but ally couldn't sleep.

She had way too much on her mind.

With everything that happened at school to her parents arguing and leaving her best friend again, she couldn't deal with it.

A few hours ago she called Trish and told her she was leaving.

And Trish tried, really hard, to convince All to stay but she wouldn't budge.

Like she said before, she came to tell austin the truth, and now that she did she can go back to New York.

Trish knew that she probably wouldn't be able to change her mind but she tried. Until they came to the conclusion that she'll see her off.

You're probably wondering if she told austin, right?

Well she didn't.

She didn't because she didn't feel like he'd care that she was leaving.

I mean, he didn't care when Lexi basically ruined her life in the lunch room so why would he care now?

To her, it almost felt as if everything that Austin has told her, the whole time she's been here, has been a lie.

That when he said he had feelings for her was a lie.

If he did actually have feelings for her the situation should've been handled differently.

Austin should've defended her.

But he didn't.

And that told ally all she needed to know.

Ally sighed, falling back on her bed and started thinking.

Thinking about how this was her senior year and she still hasn't looked into colleges.

She knew it'd be hard juggling school and having a kid, I mean hell, it was hard for her to do it now.

At first she thought about not attending.

But then again that was only because she thought that she couldn't do it.

And that her parents wouldn't be able to afford the college of her dreams.

She's not even sure if she'll be able to get a scholarship but it's worth a try.

That's probably the biggest reason she agreed to doing the singing contest.

If this actually works out she'd be able to support herself and Emily and not have to depend on her parents.

And that's what most teenagers want to do, right?

A feeling of independence and responsibility is what she strived for.

That's what she plans to have by the time she graduation.

No that Ally doesn't already, but it'd be more challenging to deal with it all on her own.

Danielle comes in Ally's room and lays down next to her, both staring up at the ceiling.

"What's up?"Danielle glances over at her before looking back up.

"The sky."Ally jokes causing Danielle to chuckle.

"But seriously, what's going on in the mind of yours?"

"A lot."Ally huffs. "I'm so ready to leave, but I feel like I can't just leave like this without telling Austin."

Danielle nods in an understanding way.

"It's not only because I don't want to leave him again but because I know he loves Emily and I can't bring myself to do this."

"Do you think I should tell him for you? I mean he literally lives next door."Danielle offers.

"No don't."Ally objects. "He'll try to make me stay, I know it. And me being me I won't leave. It's best if he doesn't know."

"It's your choice."Danielle sits up.

Ally just nods. "I'm gonna go check on Em now."

"And I'll finish packing."Danielle gets off of Ally's bed. "At least we'll be able to see Alex soon."She comments making her way back into her room.

--

Ally's heart begins racing the moment the car pulls into the airport parking lot.

The smell of jet fuel, automobile exhaust, and hot tarmac combine to assault the senses with images of exotic escapes and the kind of freedom that can only come from airports.

Ally feels the thrum of the engines at takeoff and the vibration of the plane during the flight in my skin.

Seeing people listening to music on their phones and playing video games.

Ally could hear the couple behind her chatting about the weather in Florida and the possibility of rain.

I recognize the smell of fading perfume that women are wearing. Chanel, Dior and Beyoncé's Heat clash with the smell of popcorn and Subway sandwiches.

The whir of wheels on marble and concrete mixed with the mechanical, yet pleasant, voice on the public address system calling for someone to go to the nearest courtesy phone, or announcing that flight 896 is now boarding at gate 11.

Underneath the functional surface is an undercurrent of excitement, anticipation, impatience, and boredom.

Ally hears snippets of conversation from people passing her on their way to the next gate, finding nothing else to do.

Ally grew bored after Trish and the girls left after staying with them at the airport for an hour.

Emily sits on Ally's lap and pushing random buttons on Ally's phone.

Danielle texts, whom ally presumed was tucker, this new guy she met.

Ally's mom, Penny, on the other hand was on her phone away from the girls talking to her husband.

He wasn't all that happy about them leaving today.

This was definitely taking a toll on their marriage and Penny wasn't sure how much longer it was going to work.

'Flight 269 to New York is now boarding.' Was said over the intercom.

"Ready girls?"Penny makes her way over to her two children.

Danielle and Ally look at each other before Ally nods. "Ready."

They pick up their carry-on bags and make their way to board the plane.

Tickets in hand, they make their way into line with a decision that could change everything.

Ally walks on the plane, with Emily carried on her hip, and finds her seat next to Danielle.

"I can't believe this is actually happening."She looks over to Dani, after buckling Em into the seat.

The plane doors close and Ally realizes this is actually happening and there's no turning back now.

A tall blond looks helplessly out the airport's window as the plane begins to take off.

It was too late now. He was always too late.

Too late to tell her how he feels.
Too late to make everything right again.
Too late to realize his feelings.

And now he's possibly lost her forever.