Chapter 38

Ally's POV-

Legs crossed, hands sat in my lap, I wait upon many of other people. The sound of wheels rolling, on the slightly-shiny flooring, can be hear along with some chatter.

It was bit crowded in here today, like it probably is everyday. Family and friends, I assume, waiting for the one whom they've missed.

The airport brings back memories. Of how I left. And then came back. The seatings that were halfway comfortable, halfway not if that makes sense. The smell of different things. Food being one of them, since there were some place in here that did sell it.

I pull out my phone, from my back pocket and look at the time. It read '3:49 PM', which means i've been here for almost an hour with my parent's waiting.

"What time is her plane supposed to be here, again."I lean in my chair, turning my head to face my mom.

"4:00, Ally."She reminds me. "Which should be here soon."

I sigh, anxious to see my best friend, and to see if she was really alright.

This morning when I finally got to talk to her on the phone she said that she was fine and she couldn't wait to see me and how big Emily has gotten.

I wasn't really buying the 'fine' part though.

Tapping my left foot on the ground ever-so lightly, I remember what happened at school today.

Austin was acting pretty weird. He ignored me in the halls, and basically every classs that we have together.

First he want to hang out with me and Emily, then he wants to ignore me. I'm so confused, but I have more worries on my mind than that. So i'll just talk to him about it some other time.

'Flight 86 New York, Now Arriving!'I hear getting announced.

I get up to my feet and look through the crowd of people.

"Ally!"I hear my name being called. I turn my head, and see the familiar red-head halting, towards my way, slightly with a smile planted on her face.

"Alex, hi."I pull her into a hug.

...

The sound of rain hitting the ground can be heard. It seems like it's been raining all week.

I was sat on the guest room's bed, legs crossed pretzel style, and Alex sat infront of me, reflecting my posture.

"So, how are you?"I ask, as Alex takes a pillow and hugs it to her chest.

"Fine, I guess."She shrugs.

"What happened?"I question, concerned.

"Once my mom went back in, I guess he saw that as an oppertunity to start it up again?"She says, sounding like a question and a statement. "Even though he did things when she was out, it was just less painful and my mom was more oblivious."

"Just know i'm here now. And so are my parents, and Danielle."I give her a soft smile.

"I know. And i'm thankful for that."

I nod at her response. "Well, I should let you take a nap. That flight must've been long."I pat the bed, before hopping off it.

"It was."Alex says, laying down as I walk out of the room.

...

After leaving Alex to nap, I go over next door to Austin's house real quick, to see what's up with him.

I knock a few times before he finally answers the door. And once he sees it's me, he looks more surprised than ever.

"Ally."He breathes out.

...

A/N: hai, sorry this is really short but I wanted to get an update in as fast as possible. I would've updated last week but i'm having an intense 2 weeks, that started last week, and goes through this week, so you may not get another updated until next week or in 2. Sorry if this was a sucky chapter, it was more of a filler.