Chapter 41

Ally's POV:

Later that night all I did was think. Think about about everything that was going on and how i had no power over it.

I knew that life couldn't be perfect. Everything can't go the way you want it to. But right now all I wanted was for things to go my way.

And I probably sound selfish, other people in the world have way worst problems than me, but I can't help it.

And I can't help but feel as if this whole thing was my fault.

Maybe if I didn't move back to Miami, Alex wouldn't have to go back to that monster she now has to call her 'step-dad', and be abused even more. Now when she gets back over there she's probably gonna get it 10 time worst.

And if I wouldn't have came back Austin wouldn't be having this attitude with me and completely ignore not only me but our daughter as well.

But then again if I didn't come back Austin wouldn't have known about Emily, and that's all I wanted, to be honest.

And to be fair, I think he would be living a better life without us anyway.

I sigh, looking into the bathroom mirror as I grip onto the sink. "What the hell am I gonna do?"I whisper to myself.

Relaxing a little, I make my way back into my room only to see someone waiting on my bed for me.

"What's wrong sweetie?"I ask the two-year-old that was sitting on my bed.

"I can't sleep mommy."I look at her in awe.

"Ok sweetie."I lay down in bed next to her, pulling up the comforter. "Want mommy to sing to you?"I question in a soft voice. If there was anyone I knew that appreciated my voice the most, it was Emily.

She shakes her head up and down vigorously. "Ok then."I try thinking of a song before one comes to mind. One of my favorite songs right now.

"Sometimes these walls seem to cave in on me

When I look in your eyes, I feel alive

Some days we say words that don't mean a thing

But when you're holding me tight, I feel alive."I sing to her in a low voice, playfully poking her stomach causing her to giggle.

"Make it last forever

Come on baby won't you hold onto me, hold onto me

You and I together

Come on baby won't you hold onto me, hold onto me."By the time I finished, Emily was fast asleep.

--

It was about a half an hour away from the contest that next day and I was no where close to ready.

I took, what I thought was, a short nap and by the time anyone woke me up it was 5:50 p.m., almost an hour away from the contest. Which meant I had yo hurry to get ready and there.

I'm guessing that I've already missed soundcheck, so there's that.

"Ally are you ready yet?"I hear my dad yell from down the stairs.

"Give me a minute."I tell back as I try to find a way to put my hair.

I debate on leaving it in a pony tail and letting it down.

"You're gonna be late."Danielle reminded me, standing outside my door.

I huff, pulling the elastic from around my hair and letting it fall on my shoulders and down my back.