Meeting His Family

You arrived to Yongguk's hometown in Incheon with him, you were invited to his family for dinner. His mom had spoken to you on the phone and asked for you to come. You were already in his town around 4pm. Yongguk and you had to buy something for his family together, because you couldn't visit them without bringing a gift along.

Yongguk hadn't seen his family for a long time, because of practice and the boys were given the weekend for rest. Hence all of them went back home and Yongguk brought you along with him. You were quite excited, but also nervous. You hadn't met his family before and you've been together for a year and a half now.

It was weird, because it was finally happening, you had imagined about this day for so long. Yongguk had talked about his family with you a lot before. He had mentioned about his older brother, who looks a lot like him and his sister, who is the reason he wants to become a musician.

Yongguk had also told you in the past, that his family was against him pursuing a career in music. He was told to do well in school, if he did well they would let him do what he wants. You couldn't help but feel a bit disheartened about that.

Yongguk rarely spoke about his dad, because he was still bearing a grudge, he wanted to see Yongguk become something else. However Yongguk is a dreamer, he always dreamed big. Yongguk's father wanted him to join the marines like himself and his father. But Yongguk has other dreams. Hence he was so happy you support him, you were somehow his muse for some of his songs.

Yongguk gazed at you up and down and he sighed, when he looked at the outfit you wore. You were wearing a knee-length dress in a burgundy color and it was really cold outside. But you made sure that you were wrapped up. You wore a long coat, scarf and gloves. Yongguk had seen your burgundy dress, when you were getting ready at home. He thought that you looked truly beautiful.

Yongguk was wearing a simple outfit, jeans and a blue shirt. But he looked handsome as always.

"Aren't you cold baby?" he asked and pulled you into him as you walked towards the market and you shook your head.

"Just a little, on my legs" you admitted and he sighed.

"I told you that you didn't have to wear a dress" he said and you pouted.

"But your mom invited us for dinner, so I have to dress prettily and besides, it's my first time meeting your family.. and I" you paused and looked down the ground as you walked and Yongguk looked at you.

"I want to make a good first impression" you admitted and he smiled widely and let out a soft chuckle, the one that makes your heart melt.

"Aish, you're so cute, but they already like you" he said and pulled you into him and you smiled as you looked into his eyes.

The pair of you entered the market and you grabbed a basket. Yongguk insisted on holding it, but you made a face. "I'm doing the shopping" you said and he chuckled. "Okay, but I'm going to carry it, when it becomes heavy" he said and you nodded.

Yongguk walked further in "Ahh, there's warm inside" you cooed and he chuckled.

You unbuttoned your coat and took off your gloves and scarf and put it in the basket. Yongguk walked towards the fruits department and you followed him and smiled. "We should get them some sweet fruits" you said and he chuckled as he saw you get excited.

There was a stall, where you could taste some of the fruit and you went to it and Yongguk followed you. A young girl was standing behind the stall and smiled. "How are the grapes" you asked her and she replied that they are really sweet and fresh.