Ulterior Motives.

My Mysterious New Neighbor

Chapter 85

Ulterior Motives

Ji Ah paced around her room, looking for her stuff and you were seated at her makeup desk. It was past nine pm.

You were getting ready to go out. You had agreed to go clubbing, although you didn't like the clubs. You hated the clubs, because random men would approach you and try to dance with you.

And women are in a high risk of getting drugged. You shuddered at the horrific thoughts of what happens to women every day around the world.

As usual, Ji Ah was stressing out, because she couldn't find the heels she wants to wear. You watched her as she rushed around panicked.

You sighed deeply and had told her to borrow one of yours as you had brought a few pairs with you, because you couldn't decide what to wear. You hadn't been out in the city and at a club in a long time.

The reason why you decided to go out was because Yongguk had been a lot busier lately and it somehow felt like he was slowly drifting away from you, but you weren't sure. However, the mere thought of it made your heart clench.

You had grown tired of clubs, but because you missed Yongguk so much, you just needed to let your mind off on some things and get out of your house. Otherwise, you would just watch a drama to make time pass.

"I found them!" Ji Ah piped out from somewhere in the house.

You shook your head, but smiled to yourself, nonetheless. You could hear Ji Ah's fast footsteps on the stairways.

She quickly entered her bedroom and closed her door. She placed her black stilettos on the bed and gave you a satisfied smile. She grabbed a cloth and began to polish her shoes.

The corner of your lip curved up, and you suppressed your laughter. She was serious as she cleaned her shoes, making them bright.

"I really can't live without my babies." She told. Then she stiffened as she looked at you. "You are already done?" She gasped, and you nodded. She hadn't even realized that. You smiled at her. Then her eyes widened.

"You need to get dressed now, so we can go out." You told as your eyes drifted down her pink pajamas, and she huffed out, but smiled.

"Yeah, right." She beamed, and then she took off to get her phone. She started to type something. "I'm telling Jun to meet us outside of the club at eleven." She said, and you nodded.

"God, its so late, I just hope I don't fall asleep. I haven't been up late in a long time." You whined, already feeling tired, and Ji Ah rolled her eyes.

"You have to come along." She ordered with her hands on her hips, in a serious tone and glare, making you laugh, but nod.

"I will, I will. I am just getting old." You piped out and leaned onto her bed, resting as she began to get dressed.

"I won't take long, grandma." She cooed. You raised your arm and pointed your thumb at her.

"Awesome, granny. Now get going. I will close my eyes for a bit." You said.

"Don't fall asleep." She warned.

You closed your eyes, tried to rest but time went by, and in the silence, you couldn't calm down, you couldn't rest. Your mind was on a long drive, in deep thoughts of Yongguk.

Was he and the boys in a bad condition because of their company? Hadn't they been paid again? you wanted to know.

And yet his schedule was booked. He never had some free time and he didn't even get paid for his work. You were so aggravated.