Meeting Her Family

It is January month and Seoul city is really cold, you looked outside your window from your apartment and down the street. It had snowed and the snow lay on the streets, prettily. You smiled and went to make some coffee. 

You had been thinking a lot about Yongguk's family after you met them. They were really sweet and so warm. They made you feel like you were a part of their family.

You wanted Yongguk to meet your parents, who were coming to Seoul today. You hadn't seen them for a really long time, because of studies and work and your parents had really busy jobs. 

Your mother worked constantly and had finally taken two days off along with your father and they were now on their way to your place. Unfortunately, they couldn't stay in Seoul, because of their work and the time travel from the different cities.

You woke up early in the morning to clean up your place, you knew your mother really well and she would inspect your place. But there was one thing you were really excited for the day. Yongguk was going to meet your parents for the first time.

You had already met his parents and you wanted him to meet yours now. He had to meet them and you were pretty excited and yet somehow nervous. It was your first time introducing a boyfriend to your parents and you were nervous because of that.

Nevertheless, they knew of your relations, you can't keep such a thing a secret from them. Your mother practically used to ask you if there were any handsome Seoul boys, who had laid an eye on you.

You were going out for dinner and you would meet Yongguk there as well. He was out practicing with the boys, hence he can't go together with you.

You were already dressed, because you were leaving in a few hours. You wore a black knee-length, simple dress with stockings under and you had a grey coat, which you would wear, once you go out. Your parents should be here by now and the coffee was finally done.

It finally rang on your doorbell and your head shot up, you ran towards your door and opened it.

"___-ah" your parents cooed and you laughed.

Your mother quickly pulled you into her, into a warm and motherly embrace that you had missed so much.

"Eomma" you said with a sad tone and your mother hugged you so tightly into her.

Your father chuckled at the two of you, you had a special bond to your mother. She was actually like your best friend, you could tell your mother almost everything. She truly wishes you the best, she even let you move out of town to study in Seoul although she wasn't so thrilled about the idea of you living alone.7

But your father was persistent, he knew how independent you were and that you were capable of taking care of yourself. Your parents have a great trust in you.

Your mother finally pulled back and gazed at you and she gasped "Look at your face, your face has shrunk!"

She cupped your face into her palms and you groaned. "Have you lost weight?" she asked.

"Just a little bit, eomma" you said.

Your father was looking at you and smiling and he finally pulled closer. He tapped your head. "Hey kiddo, how have you been?" he asked and you giggled.

"Appa" you cooed and wrapped your hands around his waist and leaned into him.

He chuckled and patted your back and you whined a bit and told him how much you had missed him. He chuckled as he hugged you back. You moved back and your parents entered your apartment.