Chapt. 6

Why are you guys treating me like you've known me forever?! It's confusing!! I thought to myself, trying to figure everything out. 

"Sweetie." She pauses. "We're your parents." I become ice from the inside out. Max starts to rub my arm and whisper into my ear that everything is ok and that he's here. I feel so many mixed emotions, it's not even funny. Tears start to well up and I try to blink them away, but there are too many. They take over my burning face, but I still can't move. 

"When you were born, I brought you home to your grandparents and your grandfather flipped out because he didn't think that Kellin would help me and take care of us." Ketelynne says with her own tears flowing. "His girlfriend loved you, though." Kellin is comforting her similarly to how Max is to me. "Sadly, she died a few weeks after your arrival."

"When Kellin and I had our own place, he started working with the band, so it would be you and I most of the time. You were only 10 months old. You and I would end up sleeping on the couch together when he was on the road. Well, one night..." She looked away, wiping away the mascara that was dripping due to her tears that Kellin wipes away. 

"What she's trying to say, is that one night, you went to sleep with her and late that night her father broke in and took you. He gave you to a couple of older people who has money and he told them to treat you as horrible as they could. Your mother was devastated. She got heavy depression and I tried everything to help her. So, the band and I put radio casts on and we sang about you. You were known as the missing Quinn. 

"Everybody was looking for you and nobody has stopped, and I'm so grateful. We were hoping that you'd hear his songs and hopefully come to one of his shows." Katelynne says when she regains her words. 

I still can't speak. Everything just hit me like a bus with bricks and hippos. Max kisses my cheek and I look at him. "Did you know?" He looks at me. "Not until a few minutes ago." He says quietly. Suddenly, I break into laughter, and I think I'm going crazy. 

Katelynne and Kellin come over to me and we hug. I don't know how long we sat there, but it felt like forever and I didn't want it to stop. When we did finally stop, Max smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. 

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to come back to Miami with us. We leave Michigan in two weeks, but when we get back, we can renovate your room to whatever you want." Katelynne asks. I consider it, and I go through the pros and cons. The pros I came up with are; I'm famous, I get spoiled, I have a real family. The cons; I leave my friends, I become 'the new kid' at school, and I won't see Max or Dustin.

Yet, if I don't go, then I'll have to stay with them. I shiver in disgust. 

I think for a while, but I soon come to a well thought through decision. I turn to Max with a guilt washed face. 

"Ya, I'll go." I say with as much excitement as I could without crying the cry of guilt. Max looks down with a smile, but I can tell this hurts him. 

"Mom, uh, Katelynn, can I talk to you? Outside? Da-, uh, Kellin, we'll be right back." I ask with a cracky voice. "Ya, sure." We exit outside. The band and the others were gone. 

"Can Max come with us? He's in an orphanage and I feel bad. Plus, were together, and I just can't leave him." I feel the tears flow harder. "Ya, of course he can come. I mean, you are almost 18, and you're old enough to have a boyfriend. I know that this is a big change, but we can get through it together. Sweetie, we love you, and I'm so sorry about everything. I hope you know that it wasn't our faults. I missed you... we missed you all 17 years. You look so beautiful." Katelynne speaks before pulling me into a hug. A few tears escape my eyes, and I think they escape her eyes too because my sweatshirt was a little wet where her head was. No biggy.