Chapt. 18

~Copeland's POV~
My morning is filled with Vito kisses and Max kisses. Plus pancakes. I finish breakfast and get dressed. We're still in the station, and it's so much fun. Travis is treating us like it's our home and it's awesome. Vito loves the guys. Mark Singe, Travis Hart, Kevin King, Olive Kroonsey, and Todd Elizondo. They're the small Michigan Police force. Travis is the Chief and Kevin is the Asst. chief. 

Max wants to go to Warren Dunes State Park. "No, I don't want to go." I tell him. "Please baby, it's a nice day out." His puppy eyes kill me. He taught Vito how to do it too, so it's double the kill. Vito has just been so sweet and gentle, almost like he knows. He must sense what had happened. Max and Vito are my new life. My second chance. My boys. 

Some people barging through the front doors. I quickly turn to see who they are. I automatically recognize them. They walk over to the front desk and talk to Travis. 

~Mystery Person POV~
When we arrive at the station, I'm the first one through the doors, followed by some friends. There's a man with a badge that says 'Chief' next to a golden star. "Hey, what's the update on the Copeland Quinn case?" I ask. "Come with me, I'll give you all the details in the back room." and I follow him. We walk into an interrogation room. It's a dark grey color, with a table and two metal, fold out chairs.  There's one light bulb with a shade over it, hanging from the ceiling over the table. 

"Please, have a seat, I will be right back." He says and walks out, closing the door behind him. As I sit here, I think... and think... and think. About everything, of course. About how I could have done different. About how, if I hadn't met the boys, where would I be today? Vic, Andy, CC and Turtle... they're awesome. So is Mike, you can't forget Mike. 

The rest of them are important, but not as important as my own boys. They are the life and soul of our band and nothing can replace them. Within no time, the officer returns with a file in his hands. 'Travis Hart' reads his name tag. "Ok, here's what we know." I want to look at them, but the look in Travis's eye gives me an uneasy feeling. Were the dreams true?

~Copeland's POV~
After an hour, he comes out with Travis and we make eye contact through the glass and across the way. Tears fill my eyes. It's been so long since I've seen him. I run out of the room and so does he. I meet him in the middle with tears streaming down my face. "Dad." I whisper. "My girl, I-I love you so much." I hear dad say. We hug for what seems like forever. I let go and Max appears from behind me. "Dad, I have someone who would like to see you." I gesture to the room. Scarlett is sitting on the cot in the back corner. I walk in and tell her dads here and she shoots up with happiness. I take her out and Kellin looks quizzically at the  girl behind me. 

"Dad, this is Scarlett Go-Quinn." Good going! I almost just messed up big time!! You see, her birth name  is Scarlett Gomez. "No, Scar is dead." he says. WHAT, SHE'S NOT DEAD!!! SHE'S STANDING RIGHT BEHIND ME!! "Dad, I'm not dead, I'm right here." she defends. "Levi took me when we stopped for the second destination of warped tour. He was 'a guard' and he's had me ever since." Scar shouts. "What? He got to both of you? Not ok. It's almost like he's targeting our family." "You don't sayyyy." Scar and I say in unison, words dripping in sarcasm. 

"Well, he's in prison now. He won't get you guys again." Andy, Jack, and... Justin walk in. J-Justin. No. Why is he here? He shouldn't be here. Max steps in and goes for him. They're talking quietly, damn. I watch Max and Justin. Whatever Max is saying, it must have made Justin horrified because he wouldn't make eye contact with me. After a few hours, everyone left and we went with Vic because Justin was with dad and Max didn't want me near him at night. We were given a spare bunk in the back on the bus. "Thanks Vic." I say as we board. "No problem princess." He shoots back. 

Later in bed, I asked "Max babe, what did you say to him?" He looks away. "To stay the hell away from you." He says sternly. "Why?" he asks. "No reason." Max wraps his arms around me and we doze off to sleep.