Chapt. 14

~Copeland's POV~

I get into the shower and let the hot water run down my back. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I hope it's not too bad. I start singing to drown out the thoughts of him killing me. Caraphernelia by Pierce The Veil comes into my mind first.

Sunshine, There ain't a thing that you could do that's gonna ruin my night
But there's just something about
This dizzy little dreamer and her bleeding little blue boy
Licking your fingers like you're done, and you've decided
There is so much more than me OH!
And baby, honestly, it's harder breathing next to you, I shake

I brought a gun, and as the preacher tried to stop me... 

Hold my heart, it's beating for you anyways

I fade out and start screaming the next lyrics. 

WHAT IF I CAN'T FORGET YOU
I'LL BURN YOUR NAME INTO MY THROAT

I'LL BE THE FIRE THAT'LL CATCH YOU

I stop yelling, but I still sing loudly. 

And What's So Good About Picking Up The Pieces?
None Of The Colors Ever Light Anymore In This Hole. Oh Oh Oh Oh Woah

I really get into singing, until there's a knock at the door. "Are you OK in there?" Levi asks. By now, I'm singing, 

YOU CAN'T JUST THROW ME AWWAAAYYYY!!!!!! 

I shout at the top of my lungs and Levi barges in and I scream. "What's going on??" He asks worriedly. "I'm fine, why are you in here?" I ask panickingly immediately after. "I don't know. Why are you screaming?" He asks immediately after me. "Because I was singing. Get out!" We are still shouting panickingly. 

I turn the shower off and I peak my head out of the shower curtain and glare at him. "What? You can get out if you want." He has an evil smirk and I grimace at him in disgust. I grab my towel off the top of the shower rod, Levi is distracted by what I am doing. "You bitch!! Slut!!" and he leaves a handprint on my face. I fall to the floor in tears as Levi leaves the bathroom, laughing.

It only gets worse, I thought to myself. 

~Levi's POV 10 months Later~ 
Once copeland can't breathe, I let her go and attend to the kitchen. I was going to say something, but I get interrupted by a loud knock at the door. "Hello?" I open the door to be stared down by three police officers. "Yes, are you Dr.Ackerman?" The policeman closest to me asks. "Yes, I am. What is this? Why are you here?" I asked him with concern. I'm not stupid. I know why they're here. I'm just playing dumb so they don't get suspicious. "We got a Missing Person report for a Copeland Quinn. The witness says that he saw your licence plate number and we tracked it down to this address." He explains. Ha. Ha. Ha. That little boy thinks he's so clever, does he? We'll just see about that. 

"I'm sorry. You won't find her here. She's still at the hospital. I'm her doctor, yes, but I would never take her." I say as calm as I can. "Do you mind if we have a look around? Alone?" Are they fricking stupid? "No, this is my home, and I will NOT let you roam my house until you have a warrant." I tell them sternly. 

"We do have a warrant, Mr.Ackerman." And they enter, just like that. The last one who comes in restraints me from following them. Damn him. 

~Copeland's POV~ 
Once I head upstairs to get my pj's on, Scarlett barges in and she says something then leaves. I didn't quite hear what she said over her high pitched squealing at the end of whatever she said. So, I quickly get dressed when there was another knock at my door. "Miss Quinn, are you in there? You are safe now." The strange man says. I slightly open the door and look out. There are two police officers standing in front of my door. The same two from before. "Y-yes?" I ask sheepishly. 

"It's time you go home to your real parents." When he said that, I remember that he had done the DNA test. Whom was he talking about? I hope that he means home to Kellin, Katelynne, Liam, and Rowan. I really want to meet my brothers. "I want to take Scarlett with me." I tell him. "Who's Scarlett?" He asks me. "The maid. Levi told her to go by Jessica, but she's my older sister. She's been stuck here for years on end and she misses mom and dad." I almost breakdown. 

"Ok, pack your stuff and we'll take you both home." I smile and start to pack my things. "What did he do to you?" He asks suddenly. I freeze. Did I look different? I mean, he hasn't fed me for weeks except a few pieces of bread, but that was it. And he has beat me so much i don't even know my own skin tone. I know it as black and blue most of the time. 

The cop turns me around and looks deep into my eyes and I lost it. He holds me up and calms me. "We don't have to talk about it right now if you don't want to." He says quietly. The other policeman starts putting my things into my duffle bag and I get up to help him. The bruises from an hour ago are still tender and I feel weak, once again. I wince in pain. 

"I got it, You just get out of here. I'll get Jess- I mean, I'll get Scarlett." I silently thank him and we leave my hell hole of a room. I'm glad he keeps his distance from me while we walk. When I pass Levi, he's being restrained near the door. He sees me and he scowls. He's so intimidating, it hurts. What he's done to me, will haunt me forever. He took my youth, and that was supposed to be Max's, not his. If anything, I'm scared he'll be back. I'm also scared that other people will find me vulnerable and take advantage of it. 

I can't trust anybody anymore.

It feels so good to breathe fresh air. I haven't smelt anything this fresh since I walked into that place I had to call home for 10 months. "Where are they?" I turn around to ask... Travis Pitt... says his name tag. "They're in Miami, but uh, Mark..." "Max what about him?" I ask. "He has been staying with me at the station." I smile, but there's a ton of sadness flowing through me right now. 

Why would they stop looking and go back home? I knew they didn't want me. They probably told Levi to take me to get me out of their lives. We get into one of the cop cars and Travis says to me, "You know, they didn't leave because they didn't want you, they left because Kellin had to go back on tour. He was a mess when he had to leave, and so was katelynne." I look down. "Do you want to go to the station with me? Max hasn't left his cot." I look up in tears and look out the window. "I take it that's a yes." and we speed off.