Home

I woke up in my own bed this morning, or so I thought; I'm still in the hospital. I look over to see Max holding our child, and then it hit me... I lost our son. Dad was admiring her over Max's shoulder and the sight was priceless. "Hey baby." Max whispers when he notices I'm awake. Dad looks at me and smiles, "She's beautiful just like you." I smile as much as I can because I'm still kinda drowsy and depressed. 

The nurse walks in tells me that I'm ready to go home. Max looks at her then to me. "That is, if you're ready.." she says after she walks over and puts her hand on my arm. She had so much care in her eyes, letting me know that it's ok to stay, even though I want to go home. 

"I would like to go home, please." I tell her in a polite, but get me out of here tone. She nods, "Ok, you are already discharged, so you may leave whenever you'd like." She leaves, and Max hands my baby girl off to dad. "Are you ready to stand, baby?" I look at Max reassuringly. I start to get up as he helps me out of bed and over to my clothes. 

Once I'm dressed, I take Emma and I follow Max and dad to the front desk. "You're all free to go. Congrats, and have a wonderful day." She says with a bright smile. When we walk out of the front doors, all that could go through my mind is these crazy thoughts that make me think if I'm even ready to be a mother. The look Max gives me as we walk to the tour buses, makes me realize that this is all I've ever wanted since I was six. A happy family full of love and forgiveness. 

But that's all about to change...