Chapt. 8

~Copeland's POV~

"What do you mean 'the police is after us'? I thought they were bluffing!?" I say. Max's face is shocked with fear and surprise, similar to mine. I'm not letting him go back to that place, and I don't want to go back to my hell hole that I called home for 17 years."Well, they weren't. I'm afraid we'll have to bring you back." Katelynne repeats.

"No! I'm not going back there. Can't we get a deoxyribonucleic acid test?" I ask frantically. "A... what?" Max is dumbfounded. "A DNA test." I emphasise for him. A look of 'ohhh i understand now' crosses his face. 

"Well, if the cops DO get involved, then we will do the test and tell the judge our story." Kellin says as he gets up and walks over to Katelynne, wrapping an arm around her. She looks really shaken, and sadly, so does Kellin.

"L-look, this will resolve itself." Max says.

BANG 

BANG

BANG

On the door three times strikes fear into all of us. "Open up! Michigan Police!" A man says from the other side of the door. I go and open the door. There are two men standing there, a little taller than me. 

"Can we help you?" I ask politely. "Yes, we're looking for a, Cop-eh-land Quinn?" The man on the left said my name wrong. "Uhh, I'm Copeland Quinn. What's this about?" I ask with a curious look. "We had a report that you were kidnapped. So, I'd like you to come with me so we can take you home." The man on the right says in a husky voice. 

I step outside and close the door behind me for a second. "Please understand. This is my home. I'm with my real parents now. I was originally with them, until my grandfather didn't think that my dad would take care of my mom and I with the profits from the band. So, he took me from my mom's small one bedroom apartment and gave me to this elderly couple in the middle of nowhere and told them to torture me, which they did." I showed them the scars on my back and my arms underneath my shirt. "That went on from when I was about a year old to now. And I'm 17, about to turn 18." I explain putting my shirt back on. "They starved me for weeks on end and I would miss a month or two of school when they chained me up and physically beat me." 

I get understanding looks from both of them. "Well, we'll have to do a DNA test for you then, ok? We'd like to meet the other people inside if that's ok." The left guy says in a gruff tone. "Max is antsy, but you can come in if you'd like." I reassure as I open the door. 

Max instantly freaks out, running into the closet to hide and Kellin approaches them with a handshake. "Hey, my daughter loves you." The right guy says to him with an amazed smile. "Really? When this gets resolved, maybe I could swing by and see her." Kellin says with a tiny smile. "I love to meet fans." the police man looks at him sternly. "She's 16, stay away from her." He says gruffly and stern.

"And I'm married. Plus, I would never do that. Maybe, a selfie with you to give to her?" Kellin smiles nervously shrinking down a little bit. 

"Ok, but for her." He smiles and takes out his phone. Kellin gives one of his charming smiles and then shakes his hand again. 

"Katelynne Quinn? You're her mother? And, Kellin is the father? Wait till I tell my daughter." He walks into the hall smiling at the pic.

"Ok, umm, let me get this straight. You're Kellin and Katelynne Quinn's daughter? And you got taken away by your grandfather and given to a random couple far away for 18 years beaten and tortured?" Kellins and Katelynne's eyes go wide as I nod my head. "Hmm. Ok, I'll get the DNA kit. I'll be less than five minutes." He states then exits, I guess taking the other guy with him. 

"They tortured you??" I look at them in shame, wishing I had told them in the beginning, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I nod and they look at each other worried for a while. "I'll show you the damage later, k? I just wasn't ready to tell you yet, but in order to get back at them and throw them into jail, I had to tell them"

"What did you tell them?" Max quizzically asks as he pokes his head from the closet. All I do is laugh. "What?" He is SOOO confused and it's adorbs! I was interrupted mid-thought by another knock at the door. I open it and the police officer comes back in and I sit down. He puts on blue rubber latex gloves and opens the white box with a red cross on it. 

"Open wide." I do and he swabs my mouth and place the long q-tip into a clear tube that had a red cover that said my name on it. Next, he took a clean one and did Kellin, the same for katelynne.

"The testing will be done in a couple of days. I will be back then with the results." The police guy packed up his gear and left. 

"Ok, now we wait." I say. "No, I know that you're ours and no matter what, I'm not letting go. Do you hear me?" Katelynne stands up and almost shouts this. I nod and say that I'm sorry. 

Max comes out of the closet ((I'm sorry, but I died when I wrote this omf)) and I run into his arms and burying my face into his nice, semi-toned chest as he slid his left hand down on to my lower back, and the other was on the back of my head. 

~time skip~

I looked at the clock. 8:47 p.m. Today had been a really long day. From the police thing, to the mall, then out to dinner at my favorite place, Tropical Smoothie Café. My favorite dish was their tuna melt. Mmmmm. Delicious. Kellin and Katelynne said bye when we reached their door, and then we continued on until ours.

"You coming to bed soon babe?" I hear Max ask from the other side of the room. "Ya, be right there." I say accidentally more flat than I intended to. "Just gonna take a shower real quick." 

"Can I join??" Max asks possessively. "I don't think so, mister!" I say in a 'no-way-jose' tone with a bit of a swing. He groans and mumbles something. I don't care what he says, the shower is the only place where I can get rid of my thoughts and throw them literally down the drain.