Chapt. 20

~Copeland POV~
We arrive at my new home, after a stop for a bite to eat at Subway. Kellin's bus is already there and Katelynne is outside getting off the swing to greet us. "Kate!" I run to hug her, but knock her over. "Did you tell her?" Kate asks Vic as we get up. "Tell me what?" I look at her when we get to our feet. A sheet of sadness crosses both her face and Vic's face. I have an eerie feeling about this. 

~Max POV~

I saw the look in Cope's eyes that she was nervous. Vic pulls up his mood and puts a smile on, and so do I. "So, wanna head to the studio and record?" Mike asks after a while. "Ya, sure." "Why not." "I guess." The other guys say. "Can I tag along with you guys?" I ask Vic, and he waves his hand as to say 'come on! let's go!'

I wonder what's going on. Why did Kate have that look in her eyes? I wonder why Vic knew and I didn't? Vic tells me everything. Why would he keep whatever this is from me? Doesn't he trust me? Maybe he had a good reason not to tell me. 

When we arrive at the studio, the guards high five the guys, but block my entry. "He's with us." Vic tells the overly large, buff man that is in my way. He was tall, dark skinned, he had short black hair, and dark shades on. I walk by him and he grunts at me. Whatever. The guys went through a wooden door with a '3B Recording Studio' on it. I walk in and Vito attacks me with kisses. "Hey boy! I've missed you!" I say to him then turn to Kellin and the others. 

"What's wrong Kel?" He has a picture in his hands and the guys are surrounding him. "I'm just so happy to have her back." He mumbles. "I am too, man. I am too." I give him a small (hopefully) comforting hug.  I look closer at the pic. It must be of Cope as a newborn. So cute. Vic, breaking the silence awkwardly. "Who wants to record?" he says with a weird fake smile. "Let's do it!" Kellin says, pumping his fists. PTV goes into the recording room and start playing Million Dollar Houses. 

So what if I was just a painter...
Painting houses on the rich blue coast
would you ever try to leave me for somebody who deserves you most...

Cause darlin I am just a painter.
I'm painting houses for the rich old folks...

I'm gonna make a million dollars

Cause nobody's gonna steal you no!

For diamonds and gold.(2x)

Cause I've broken bones for you

And for you only!

I make money but we just can't keep this home

Give me your heart and hand and we can run

we can run(3x)

baby run now

we can run baby run!

She's like a bullet through an ocean

I still remember how you moved so slow

You tried to kill me with a shotgun, Oh Bang!

Now we're even

We don't stop till someone's bleeding [we don't stop till someone's bleeding]

I've broken bones for you and for you only

I make money but we just can't keep this home 

Give me your heart and your hand and we can run!

We can run, we can run baby

Run now!

You're my hope."

As Vic finishes that note, Tony rocks out on the guitar and creates this awesome melody of low electric guitar notes along with Mike on the drums keeping a steady beat.

"Permanently yours!

Sometimes the moon looks brighter than the sun...

As time runs up my wrists...

She hates all of the guts and blood...

Splash around with me

While we move like flames on burning sheets

And your doctor won't stop calling me..."

Vic's voice gets quiet and soft, but at a higher pitch now. 

"Your medication, but baby know

Sometimes things don't work out the way we planned

To live is just to fall asleep 

To die is to AWAKEN!!!!!!"

Vic yells and the rest of the guys come into the background. Vic hold the note.

"Maybe we're meant to lose the ones we love

But I'll fight for you till then.

And if they stole you from me, on my arm there's a tattoo of your name...

I've broken bones for you...

And for you only, I make money but fuck money...

WE WANT LOVE

Give me your heart and your hand and we can run, baby run now!(3x)

Vic ended with a few high notes then high fived Turtle, Jaime, and Mike. They did awesome. I wish Cope was here. I wonder how she is doing with whatever Kate has to tell her. 

~Copeland POV~

"So, let me get this straight... you got the results back and are afraid to look at them, I have brothers and you never told me, and dad is not coming until next year?" I ask, trying to compute everything. I already knew about Liam and Rowan, but dad? "Let me look at the results. If you know I'm yours, then you shouldn't be scared." I open the big orange envelope  and begin reading. 

"Mom, read this." I tell her. "D-did you just call me mom?" I smile and look at her. "Really?" she asks. The results came back positive. I'm truly Copeland Quinn Bostwick. "Should I tell your father? Or do you want to tell him?" mom asks me as she grabs the phone. "I want to do it, if you don't mind?" She hands the phone to me, and I dial his number. 

~ring, ring~
C: Hey dad.
K: Hey what's up kiddo?

C: Ah, nothing. We got the results back though.

K: Really? Did you read them?

C: Ya. 

K: Well...?

C: Hey dad.

K: REALLY?
C: Ya. 

I could hear the smile in his voice. It was a big one too. 

K: OMG sweety, I'm coming home. I'll be there in a few hours. Love you. Bye

C: Love you too, dad. Bye

~end~

I can't wait to tell Max.