017. there's no way.

Junhui wouldn't lie. Okay, maybe about some things, but he wouldn't lie about crushes. He knows he shouldn't tell, mostly when he swore on his life, but Junhui's Junhui. And Junhui always has his finger crossed. But no matter how many times he tells Seungcheol, the latter just won't believe him. Why would Jeonghan say all this mushy stuff about Seungcheol when he's in love with Joshua? It just doesn't add up. There was no way Jeonghan was catching feelings for Seungcheol.

Maybe Jeonghan did, though.

Ever since their little arcade hangout last week, Jeonghan has been more clingy with Seungcheol. He'd kiss him more than usual, too. Not to mention Jeonghan wouldn't flinch or look extremely uncomfortable when Mingyu and Joshua kiss. Seungcheol didn't know what it was, but every time Jeonghan would try to get closer (even though there was no way of that happening because Jeonghan was in his personal, personal, personal bubble) or place a kiss on Seungcheol's lips, Junhui would be smiling like a freak. This new Jeonghan was a lot to get used to.

But still, he doesn't believe Junhui.

He just can't.

And it wasn't helping that he told everything to Joshua and Mingyu.

"Seungcheol, you dumbass!" Mingyu laughs but stops to groan when his boyfriend slaps him on his arm. With his head on Joshua's shoulder, Mingyu mumbles an "I'm sorry," Junhui just laughs, slapping the table with his hand. The other hand is clenching at his stomach.

The teens were at Junhui's house; Mingyu had brought Chan along to play with Junhui's brother, Lianghui. They got along very well, playing in Lianghui's room. Junhui had no idea what they were doing but he decreased both he and Mingyu's worry by silencing everyone up. The two were laughing and screaming. It wasn't like they had much to worry about, anyways. They were both middle schoolers. As an addition to this, they were all waiting for Jeonghan. Jeonghan was nearly an hour late for their movie date and Seungcheol's worried that something might have happened. But Joshua assures him, telling the older that maybe Jeonghan probably forgot or had some extra stuff to do.

"I don't see why you don't think he likes you back," Joshua starts and Mingyu starts to giggle at the crook of the American's neck. "Mostly when Jun showed you those messages."

Seungcheol sighs, "I don't know... I mean he was so in love with Josh." Mingyu pulls his face away from Joshua's shoulder to squint. "What?"

"Please don't mention Jeonghan's crush on my boyfriend."

Junhui smirks, "aw? Is the baby jealous?"

"I'm not a baby," Mingyu retaliates. "I'm a grown ass man."

"Oh shut up, you're still afraid of bugs." Seungcheol adds in, causing Junhui to spit his juice on Seungcheol.

"Ew! Junhui! What the dick man?!"

"It was on accident!"

"Wow, Junhui," Joshua clicks his tongue, "Sixteen and still can't keep food in your mouth."

"Oh shut up! You're dating a baby!"

"I'm not a baby!"

-

An hour after the movie was supposed to start, Jeonghan finally shows up. Junhui screams at him and Mingyu tosses a tissue at him. Jeonghan just laughs as they all take a seat in Junhui's living room. "What are watching?" No one replies and with a huff he scoots closer into Seungcheol. The older smiles, wrapping his arm around his friend. As Junhui puts in the disc, Seungcheol slips off a hairband and ties up Jeonghan's hair. When he's finished, he clips up his bangs. Jeonghan smiles up at his friend and Seungcheol smiles back.

After many advertisements, the movie finally starts. Theres a long groan from Joshua as the menu screen loads. Seungcheol looks at the screen and then looks over to Junhui. Junhui just smiles and shrugs.

"We watched Forrest Gump last week!" Jeonghan complains.

"Hey, it's my house. And you came late." Junhui stares at the long haired male before turning his attention to the staircase. "Hey! Hui and Chan come down here!"

After a minute or two, the middle schoolers are running down the stairs, laughing loudly. Lianghui sits down besides his brother and Chan sits between Mingyu and Joshua. When Junhui makes sure everyone's comfortable, he starts the movie.

Half way into the movie, everyone starts to get uninterested and Jeonghan's fast asleep. It's really no fun rewatching a movie. With a sigh, Junhui shuts it off. "You guys wanna do something else?" Everyone groans and Lianghui walks back upstairs.

"We should get going anyways." Seungcheol yawns. "It's near midnight," He turns over to shake the male next to him lightly. Jeonghan stirs in his sleep and it takes a pinch on the arm for him to fully wake up. Once everyone has their things, they say bye to Junhui and leave.

"Junhui's really bad at picking movies," Mingyu comments and Joshua laughs, elbowing him softly. "Like you can do better. But, bye you too! See you guys Monday." Joshua says, taking a hold of Mingyu's hand.

"Wait, Mingyu don't you live this way?" Seungcheol asks.

"Yeah, but I have to walk my boyfriend home, don't I?

"Alright, but make sure you don't keep an eye off Chan."

"I'm not a child," Chan retaliates and Mingyu laughs.

-

Seungcheol and Jeonghan walk hand in hand. Since Jeonghan lives fairly close to Seungcheol, they decide to walk as slow as possible. Neither of them say anything, basking in each other company. Seungcheol can feel the smile creep onto his lips as he thinks about the position he's in now. Even though it's normal, this time it feels somewhat more admirably warm than before.

Theres something that rests in the pit of Seungcheol's stomach. From time to time, it tingles. Whenever Jeonghan would slightly tighten his grip, Seungcheol can't help but get a little nervous. He's never felt this way about someone before, most importantly, Jeonghan. The former always thought he'd see Jeonghan as a best friend and nothing more. But still, it was a matter of time before he'd end up loving Jeonghan a lot more than he would have liked.

And really, that was okay.

Because Jeonghan will always be at his side and he'll always be at Jeonghan's. That's what best friends do. They hold each other together even through the toughest times. And even with his deep feelings for Jeonghan, Seungcheol doesn't dare try to change this bond they have.

----

i came home after an honor roll assembly bc i hate second and i dont want to go to math or pe also my second per teacher cant take a joke its tragic

hi noah fence but u should read cassiopeia