019. i like you.

Seungcheol has thought about this crush a lot in the past few weeks. He's being a little more observant as well. But really, it's to find out if Jeonghan likes him back. Seungcheol can't really tell because one day Jeonghan's asking for hugs and another he's as far from Seungcheol as possible. It makes Seungcheol confused. He's also debating whether or not to tell Jeonghan. He doesn't know how things will go, and he's a little scared of that. To Junhui and the others, telling Jeonghan doesn't sound that bad, but to Seungcheol, it's fifty-fifty chance of his world crumbling.

He just can't do it.

But he really wants to.

Seungcheol just feels like he needs to get this off his chest, and just finally tell Jeonghan. He really doesn't like keeping secrets from the latter; it just doesn't feel right. The two were best friends and always told each other everything. But every time he tries, he backs out. Junhui recommends doing it over text, but Seungcheol's pretty unsure about that.

-

During math, the teacher had the class do a pop quiz. He was out for most of the class due to teacher duties, but he came back every few minutes to make sure the class was quite. And they were, until Heejun decided to snicker over something dumb Seungjun was doing. Then, they'd all get yelled at. It was a pain in the ass.

At the end of the class, when everyone had finished, Youjin had to collect the papers and hand it to the teacher. Everyone happened to finish way before the class ended, though. It was easy math, even Seungjun finished the same time as everyone. With extra time left and the teacher saying they can now do whatever as long as it wasn't loud, Junhui gets out of his seat.

"Talk to him," he coughs, nudging Seungcheol on the shoulder. He gestures for the older to sit in his seat. With a groan, Seungcheol complies. Seungcheol knew what Junhui meant by talk to him and Joshua's little snickers didn't help, either.

Seeing Seungcheol's wrist on his desk causes Jeonghan to pick his head up. He smiles, "hi Cheollie," Seungcheol smiles back and pinches the latter's cheek.

"There's something I... want to say..." Seungcheol's eyes trail away from the male in front of him. He looks down at his lap, playing with the black hairband on his wrist. Just as he's about to open his mouth, Hyejin slams her hand on Jeonghan's desk.

The two jump at the sudden noise. "I'm bored," she sighs, running her hand through her hair.

"Okay?" Jeonghan raises a brow. "Seungcheol was about to tell me something-way to ruin the mood Hyejin."

Hyejin scrunches up her nose, swatting her hand. She walks away with a sigh. Jeonghan looks back at Seungcheol and grabs his arm. He sets it on his desk and takes a hairband, putting it between his lips to collect his hair. "What's up?"

"Dunno" Seungcheol shrugs and leans back into his seat. Jeonghan pouts lightly and takes a hold of his hand. The younger kicks him slightly. Seungcheol raises a brow and stands up. Jeonghan watches him, not letting go of his hand. The long haired male lets out a soft shriek when Seungcheol places his knee between his legs and pushes him back slowly, his hair almost touching the floor.

"Seungcheol!" Jeonghan laughs, moving his hands to grip at Seungcheol's forearm.

The older stops for a minute. His mind starts to focus on Jeonghan and only Jeonghan. The noises of the classroom starts to become muffled and everyone else just fades away. In his mind it's just him and Jeonghan. Slowly, he relaxes his shoulders and leans down. At this moment, Seungcheol can't seem to focus on anyone else. He isn't sure why; this has never happened before. But he can't think. And when he tries, it's just Jeonghan.

And Jeonghan.

And Jeonghan.

And Jeonghan.

Seungcheol doesn't care about anyone else- he doesn't want to; he doesn't need to.

Somehow, he's fine with this. He likes it just being him and Jeonghan. He really wouldn't have it any other way. Why? Because it's Jeonghan. Seungcheol believes Jeonghan's a gem; every moment with him is a blessing; everything about Jeonghan is amazing. People find flaws, but Seungheol only finds a reason to love his best friend more. And finally, he's accepting it. He finally believes it's okay. Even if his best friend is a guy. Seungcheol's glad he does.

With almost nothing on his mind (but, really, Jeonghan means the world to him), he parts his lips. He cranes his head and their noses brush. Jeonghan's holding in his breath.

"Yoon Jeonghan," Seungcheol breathes out, inching closer to the other's lips. "I like you." Their lips touch.

---
i don't sleep comfortably so i wake up with a tensed neck. it's not fun so even just sitting up right isn't comfortable at all. my parents know and they don't try to do anything so i'm just left trying to massage my own neck and shoulders :)