027. you're a strange kid.

Seungcheol's waken up by his own ring tone and a pillow thrown at him. He sits up and glances at the bed, looking at Joshua who looks well prepared to throw another pillow. Seungcheol takes it upon himself to grab his phone and walk to the bathroom. He checks the caller ID and it turns out to be his mom. For some reason, he answers.

"Hello?"

"Why haven't you come home?" Seungcheol was surprised she didn't yell at him as soon as he answered. He takes a seat on the toilet cover and starts to play with his hair.

"I don't know. I've only been gone for like... Three days. No big deal."

"How" Seungcheol takes it upon himself to interrupt her. "Listen, Mom. After what happened when I came out to you... I'm not gonna come home for a while. You can't expect me to be able to see you everyday. Maybe it was my fault for thinking you'd support me, but what isn't my fault is the fact that you had to react that way. If anything, you could have pretended to be happy." With that, he hangs up and leaves the bathroom.

"Seungcheol!" Chan says, picking his head up and hitting Mingyu's head. "So today I asked Hansol if I could go over... And instead of trying to get him back I can just talk to him?" Seungcheol shrugs. Chan throws a pillow at him before retreating back to his room.

"Who called you?" Joshua asks, taking Chan's place from between Mingyu's legs. He leans back into his chest and wraps Mingyu's arms around him. "My mom. Uh... I'm gonna go to Jeonghan's house."

"Take Chan? I wanna have some alone time with Shua." Mingyu asks. Seungcheol raises a brow but nods. He changes, grabs his things, and knocks on Chan's door.

"Hey, you want me to walk you to Hansol's house?"

"Uhhh, sure." Chan opens his door, in fresh clothing and a backpack on. "But take me to buy a cake first." Seungcheol nods and follows the smaller male down the stairs and out the house.

"Hey, Seungcheol... What's it like dating someone?"

"Great? Actually?" Seungcheol says, just as he closes the gate to Mingyu's house. "Jeonghan's not much different and we did the same as before when we were friends. It's not all that bad. Just more kissing involved. Why? Got someone on your mind?"

Chan starts playing with his fingers, "there's uh... this one person..."

Seungcheol raises a brow, "Lianghui?" Chan shakes his head. "Hui has a girlfriend. It... Never mind; it's kind of weird." The older male frowns, "tell me!" Chan sighs, muttering "Jun."

Seungcheol chokes on his spit and Chan shuts his eyes tight. They both stop walking as the older tries to catch his breath. "CHAN, HE'S SIXTEEN." He glances at Chan and the younger's eyes are glistening. "I know!", he cries out. "But it happened! And he's so nice to me and Lianghui talks about how he's such a good brother. But it's weird because I don't even know him like that! I'm close to his brother, not him! And now this happened and I want to die." He wipes his tears and sniffs. Seungcheol pulls him into a hug as Chan cries. "I don't know what to do..."

"Hey, this isn't something to cry about. It's not even bad; just a two year difference. Calm down, okay? It's not like he's thirty-nine or something." He hears Chan giggle. Seungcheol smiles as he pulls him away. "Alright, let's get something to eat and then get you a cake."

*

"Will you let me drink coffee?" Chan asks, looking at Seungcheol who pushes a menu towards him. "Does Mingyu let you drink coffee?" Chan mumbles a no and sighs. "Just one, then." The youngest of the two smiles and opens up his menu.

They browse for a bit before Chan chooses waffles and Seungcheol settled with a crepe. Seungcheol orders for the both of them.

"So... Jun... When did that happen?"

Chan thinks, "maybe... Last month?"

Seungcheol chokes on his iced coffee. "Really? Shit, but why?"

"Uhh... Justwhen I fell that time he helped me up, put a bandaid on me and just... He brushed my hair back and he looked so good doing it? He just... He's helped me a lot."

"Chan... Have you thought about it being because he sees Lianghui in you?"

"Yeah? I even told Lianghui about ithe laughed at me at firstand he proceeded to tell me that Junhui's just... Like that and it probably doesn't mean anything." He takes a bite of his waffles. "And, ya know, I thought he might be right."

"You wanna talk to Jun about it?"

"Might embarrass myself."

"Have you told Mingyu or Josh?"

"Mingyu... Mingyu would probably shit his pants and Joshua knows he just... doesn't know how to help."

"Well... Junhui's crush on Minghao is deteriorating souhgo get your man?"

"Don't talk like that! You sound like an old man trying to be 'hip'!" Seungcheol smiles and Chan just shakes his head and sighs.

*

Chan stares at the apartment building Hansol lives in and groans for the longest Seungcheol's ever heard someone groan (a/n: u kno like the shit tina from bobs burgers does). "Walk me inside incase I get shot." Seungcheol thinks about how weird Chan can be and how his imagination can travel to these type of things. At least they're somewhat reasonable, though.

Seungcheol follows the younger inside and to the elevator. As they continue to go up, more people start to join and Seungcheol's annoyed. He starts to hate Hansol more just because he lives on the tenth floor. Finally they get to the right floor and the two squeeze themselves out. Chan walks down the hall for a while reaching a halt. "If you wanna start recording to see this happen again, I suggest you roll it right now." For some reason, Seungcheol scrambles for his phone and slides up for the camera. Chan knocks on the door and seconds later, the door opens.

"Hi, Hanshit." Chan says. He pulls the cake out from the bag, opens the box, and slams it onto his face. "Have fun eating ass, fuckface." Seungcheol's baffled as he watches Chan walk away. He stops recording and walks to catch up with Chan in the elevator. "Dude, I thought you wanted to talk to him."

"I did, but then I saw those hickeys and his face and my blood just started boiling."

"But you told me to start recording?"

"Huh? Oh... I just said it just in case." Seungcheol doesn't say a word and just rewatches the video. "I'm probably gonna get my ass beat at school." Chan says as they reach the lobby. "Oh well, luckily I took self defense classes!"

"You're fucking wild."

Chan looks back at him and smiles, "thanks; Joshua and my grandmother taught me all I know."

———
filler because i needed to update