023. i'll be okay.

"You seem a lot happier," Seungcheol's mom mentions just as her son walks through the front door. Seungcheol furrows his eyebrows together as he slips into his house shoes. "What do you mean?"

"I mean you're beaming with happiness. Rainbows are drooping out your noise." Seungcheol smiles but quickly tried to hide it. "I have no idea what you're talking about." His morher rolls her eyes, knowing Seungcheol would explain himself anyways. The teen walks into the kitchen, looking at his mother before taking her hand in his.

"What?"

Seungcheol smiles, hard, too. "I'm dating Jeonghan!" She harshly pulls back her hand and glares at her son. Seungcheol's smile fades and his gaze softens. "Mom?"

"Are you serious?"

"Y-Yeah..." Seungcheol's heart feels like his heart is beating out of his chest. "We started dating a few weeks ago..." He bites his lower lip, inhaling before looking away from his mother.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Seungcheol forces back tears and his hands bawl up into his fist.

"Nothing, nothing's wrong with me. But what-" he pauses to take a breath. "What's wrong with you? Clearly you knew Dad was cheating but you stayed. From my first year in junior high, I watched this family fall apart. You constantly came home drunk and he constantly came home with other women. I understand I'm grown; I should be able to take care of myself. But did you both forget I'm still under your responsibility? You knew everything he did! You can't even say you did it for us! You were so far up his ass that you didn't even realize what was good for your son, for you!"

"I thought he'd change-"

"Well you thought wrong! You're asking me what's wrong with me for falling in love with Jeonghan, someone who's been there for me through thick and thin. When I needed someone, he was there. When I needed a hug, he was there. While you both were wasting your life forgetting about your growing son, I had to lean on Jeonghan for comfort. He was there for me, Mom. It was only a matter of time before this happenedー you know that."

Seungcheol takes a step back. He exhales without even realizing he's been holding his breath. When his mother opens his mouth to speak, he runs upstairs. After entering his room, he tosses his bag down and goes to lay on his bed. He stares at the wall for a moment before taking a deep breath. Just before the tears roll in, his phone rings. Quickly, he grabs it.

"Hey do you wanna meet up?" It's Jeonghan and Seungcheol's lips curve upward.

"Y-Yeah! Where?"

"You okay? Your voice sounds a little shaky."

"I'm fine," Seungcheol laughs. "How 'bout we meet up at the closest 7-Eleven?"

Jeonghan snorts, "what a great place to meet up. But the foods' cheap, I guess, so I'm down. Meet you there, Cheollie!" And with that, Jeonghan hangs up. Seungcheol sighs before standing up to change.

-

"Hey!" Seungcheol smiles, pecking his boyfriend on the cheek. "Did you wait long?"

Jeonghan shakes his head and reaches for Seungcheol's hand. "Nope!" Hand in hand, the two walk into the store.

"What's wrong, Seungcheol?" Jeonghan asks as he picks up a basket. Seungcheol doesn't respond, reaching for two samgak kimbap. Jeonghan repeats his questions, but Seungcheol just grabs a cup of Shin Ramyun Black.

"Seungcheol," Jeonghan calls. He reaches for his boyfriend's hand before he can grab a lunch box. "What's wrong?"

The older sighs. "I told my mom we were dating and she's ashamed."

Jeonghan's eyes widen. "And what did you do?"

"I don't know, Hannie. Can we just please hurry? I'm a little hungry."

"A little?" Jeonghan scoffs, "the basket's nearly full."

-

"I don't like when you're bummed out." Jeonghan comments. He stretches as the two exit the store.

Seungcheol shakes his head and reaches for Jeonghan's hand. "You can't do anything about it; don't mind it." He flashes the former a smile and Jeonghan smiles back.

The walk back to Jeonghan's house is an easy way for Seungcheol to get his minds off of things. He doesn't have to think of his parents' divorce, his outburst with his mom, or his mom being against him being with Jeonghan. All Seungcheol has to think about is being with Jeonghan and holding him so he won't leave. Though, Jeonghan would never leave even if Seungcheol let go.

"Hey, Jeonghan," Seungcheol calls. He tightens his grip on his boyfriend's hand, rubbing the back of it with his thumb. "Would you mind staying out with me? Like until its late into the night?"

"Sure." Jeonghan shrugs. "What do you wanna do?"

The older takes a deep breath. He turns to face Jeonghan who stares back. "What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know? Wanna get high and stare at the stars?"

Seungcheol almost chokes, "seriously?"

"I'm just kidding! We'd probably never see light again." Seungcheol laughs at Jeonghan's statement, punching him softly. "It would be nice though." Jeonghan hums in agreement.

-

With no idea of what to do, the two wander around. At some point, they don't even know where they're going. But then Jeonghan pulls Seungcheol into an area of street food venders. Sometimes, Seungcheol wonders if Jeonghan even gets full.

They walk around the area, looking for something cheap and good. Seungcheol pulls Jeonghan for tteokbokki and jeon. Jeonghan pulls Seungcheol for kimbap and hotteok. The couple enjoys their time together, even if its just the two of them shoving foods into their mouths and challenging each other for no particular reason.

Even if it isn't much, Seungcheol wants to spend as much time with Jeonghan. He wants to be able to hold him forever and not once let go, even if he won't have his mother's support.

----

slob on my knob like corn on the cob check in with me and do your job lay on the bed and give me head i ran out prewritten chapters