020. for you, anything.

"Ahh, Junhui!" Seungcheol groans. "What do I do? I ran out there so fast and I don't know what he did or said..." He runs his hand through his hair and slumps into his seat. After he realized he kissed Jeonghan, he ran and asked to go home early. Luckily, the teachers fell for it and so Seungcheol ran home. He just wasn't sure how to explain this to his mother.

Junhui takes a while to answer, giggling as he finally decides what to say. "Well... For what he did and said... He was a little shocked honestly. He didn't really get up after you left, and just stared at the ceiling for a little while. And when he finally came to his senses, he looked at me and Shua. It was quiet but we heard him clearly; he said "I think I like him, too." Everyone screamed. It was funny,"

"Jun- wait- he what?"

"He likes you back- Jeonghan likes you back."

"But you said he thinks." Seungcheol pauses for a moment. He sits up straight, licking his lips. "He doesn't know for sure."

"You've kissed him four times!" Junhui barks. "And he asked you for it the third time! And you made his heart flutter just by smiling! And he's much more touchy and clingy! And sometimes he calls me or Joshua in the middle of the night to just rant on about you! There are so many hints!"

Seungcheol sighs, pausing once more. "Wait... How do you know I kissed him four times? I've only told you about two, and Jeonghan told me he didn-"

"Not important! What's important is that you should just ask him out! Anyways, I have to go. Do you know how long I've been in the bathroom talking to you? People are gonna get the wrong idea." And with that, Junhui hangs up. Seungcheol just sinks in his seat once more.

-

Seungcheol paces back and forth, hand clenching tightly to his phone. He had just asked Jeonghan to come over and talk and he's extremely nervous. School had just ended so either Jeonghan will come over unannounced or reply. Usually, it's the former.

Just as Seungcheol was going to run back into his room, the front door swings open. He, of course, expects it to be his mom but it's his dad. Seungcheol takes a small step back, "hi dad, you're back early."

"So are you," Mr. Choi says, slipping off his shoes. Seungcheol nods slowly. "I... I kind of threw up and they let me leave."

Mr. Choi ignores what his son had just said and sighs. "You know what's going on between me and your mother right? That's why you've been distancing yourself from us, right?"

Seungcheol licks his lips, "Y-Yeah, I do." He croaks out and plays with the hem of his shirt. "I did it because I thought it would have been better if I acted like I didn't know... But it's hard when you always bring back other women while Mom's working hard for the both of us."

"Seungcheol-"

"Do-Do you know that when I was younger, Mom would always talk about you while you were out? She'd always go on and on about how great you were and that if you ever cheated on her, she'd forgive you? Mom spoke highly of you because she loved you deeply and dearly. But now she just feels so betrayed and dumb for believing you. Yet, somehow, she still loves you. Sometimes, she comes home drunk, rambling on about this stuff. She apologizes to me and tells me she wants to apologize to you. She thinks it's her fault. Do you know how much it hurts me knowing that?"

Seungcheol wipes the tears that have fallen, and purses his lips into a thin line. He inhales sharply, "And as much as I want to hate you, I can't. Because just like Mom, I love you dearly. You're my father, of course I do. But I don't want to. Every time I look at you... I just... I just want to throw up. Aren't you ashamed? You're ripping this family apart. And for what? Just because Mom's working more? Just because she isn't that young? Just because while you're at some club picking up young girls, Mom's making money to try and keep this family alive? She's struggling and you're doing nothing,"

Mr. Choi opens his mouth but quickly shuts it when he realizes his son is right. Seungcheol swallows his choked sobs, wiping more of his tears. "I can't even call you my dad anymore." Suddenly, he can't hold in his sobs anymore. "I grew up thinking home was such a happy place, but now, with you in it, it's nothing more than a grave yard." He runs upstairs, slamming the door behind up. Crying loudly, he slides down against his door.

Soon enough, his phone rings, Jeremih's Oui muffling his sobs. Seungcheol slowly stops to cry as pulls out his phone. "H-Hey Han," he sniffs, wiping his eyes.

"I can hear you crying from outside your house. You barely cry; what's wrong?" There's worry in Jeonghan's voice.

Seungcheol licks his lips. "I'll tell you later. Let me grab a sweater, I don't want to stay in here anymore."

-

There's no specific destination for the both of them, but it wasn't really needed. Seungcheol didn't mind as long as it was a quiet place and Jeonghan was with him. He didn't cry much but when he did, Jeonghan always knew how to calm him down.

Night walks were Seungcheol's favorite, mostly when skinship was involved. Jeonghan had found out (a few years ago) that Seungcheol liked to hold his hand while they walk. Jeonghan never minded it because at that time, he had a crush on Seungcheol. And its the same for now.

But the only thing different about now is that it isn't dark, and Seungcheol hasn't stop crying. He hasn't even told Jeonghan why he's crying yet either. Jeonghan can wait though. Since its Seungcheol, he's patient.

"Sit down," Jeonghan murmurs, guiding his friend to a bench. Seungcheol does as told and Jeonghan sits besides him. The younger lace their fingers together, laying his head on his shoulder.

The evening was cold, but there was enough warmth in both their stomachs. Seungcheol was both exhausted and nervous, whereas Jeonghan was excited and nervous. Its been a while since he last did this with each other. It's really nice, too. They were in a park with little to no people walking by. And for the people that did paid no attention to the two friends.

"I didn't tell you before," Seungcheol sniffs. He leans his head on Jeonghan's. "But my parents are going through an affair. Junhui's the only one that knows; he was with me when my parents came home screaming at each other..." Tears start to stream down Seungcheol's face. He's quick to wipe them, but Jeonghan pulls his head away much to his dislike.

"And what happened today?" Jeonghan faced the older, showing him that he's listening and that he'll always be there for him.

Seungcheol inhales sharply, "I-I guess you can say I told my dad off? He just... Everything he's done just disgusts me, mostly while my mom's working two jobs for us." He looks away from Jeonghan and shakes his head. "I don't know why this is happening..." His voice cracks. Without any thought, Jeonghan pulls him into a hug, his arms wrapped around the older's neck.

"Man, Seungcheol, why does bad shit always happen to good people." Seungcheol chuckled lightly at the comment and wraps his arms around the other. He used one of his hands to wipe away his tears. "I'm not a good pers- Ow!" Jeonghan pulls away and Seungcheol uses his hand to rub at the bite mark on his neck.

"If I say you're a good person, you're a good person. Now, Seungcheol, listen to me, I know what you're going to say next, so don't. I'm tired of you always taking the blame for something that isn't even your fault. I hate seeing you so hurt. So please just... don't blame yourself. For me, please..."

Seungcheol smiles a bit. His hands trail up to cup Jeonghan's face. "For you, Yoon Jeonghan, I'd do anything."

Jeonghan smiles back, pulling his best friend closer. "Then go out with me."

"Gladly," the space between the two teens is completely gone. For the second time that day (and fifth in general), they kiss. But it lasts a lot longer and is way more passionate.

Seungcheol couldn't ask for a better best friend.

———
i love MINSHUA STFU